• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Native Sound After Capturing Dv Video

Sussell

Question

Using Creator 10 on W7, i7, I was disappointed to find when trying to edit a captured video from a DV camera, that there was no native audio on the track. There was provision to add audio, but I wanted to retain the original sound track. I have been through all the Helps I can see. The only reference is that CineMagic editing removes the native audio.

Has anyone got a solution, please.

Sussell

3 answers to this question

If you have Easy Media Creator 10 it will NOT work on Windows 7

If it's Creator 2010, then please supply some more details (source of the files, etc)

Thanks for replying gi7omy. I have Creator 2010, loading files from a Canon miniDV camera, MV 800i, and running on W7. Can you please help?

Sussell

Thanks for replying gi7omy. I have Creator 2010, loading files from a Canon miniDV camera, MV 800i, and running on W7. Can you please help?

Sussell

It is not clear exactly what is happening. Do you mean that you cannot hear the native audio or that the native audio track does not show any audio?

How are you capturing the video from the camcorder? What is your hookup? I assume you are using Firewire (IEEE 1394)?