• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Easy Capture

lbogardus

Question

I can log on to Yahoo and select one of their radio stations and have it play on my pc. The audio quality is set to high and sounds great. I use Roxio easy audio capture, calibrate it and then record for a while. When I play it back the audio really doesn't sound very good, definitely not something that I could burn and use on a CD. In fact I have tried to burn it and the sound is still not very good. I have the lame encoder selected so that I should be getting the best mp3 quality. Anyone else have any ideas or experience the same thing? Oh also my AC97 audio driver has been updated and again when the audio is live streaming, it sounds perfect.

4 answers to this question

I can log on to Yahoo and select one of their radio stations and have it play on my pc. The audio quality is set to high and sounds great. I use Roxio easy audio capture, calibrate it and then record for a while. When I play it back the audio really doesn't sound very good, definitely not something that I could burn and use on a CD. In fact I have tried to burn it and the sound is still not very good. I have the lame encoder selected so that I should be getting the best mp3 quality. Anyone else have any ideas or experience the same thing? Oh also my AC97 audio driver has been updated and again when the audio is live streaming, it sounds perfect.

I am not sure if this applys to you, but my friend has a HP with a built in soundcard and he had problems recording live sound also. It seems his drivers, with no updates available, were the culprit. The only way I could get it to record without distortion was to turn the recording level way down and the "source" up high. Even then it seemed low quality, even mono sounding... but without distortion. He now is planning on disabling the onboard soundcard and installing even a cheap Soundblaster to handle recording since thier drivers are way more stable. Good Luck!?

Are you saving it as a wave file or mp3? I've only tried this a few times but just did using Yahoo radio and my quality sounds fine. I didn't burn to cd but simply played it back in WMP as a wav file. However, I don't have onboard audio which could definitely make a difference.

Are you saving it as a wave file or mp3? I've only tried this a few times but just did using Yahoo radio and my quality sounds fine. I didn't burn to cd but simply played it back in WMP as a wav file. However, I don't have onboard audio which could definitely make a difference.

Paul,

I am using the lame encoder which has the best audio reproduction characteristics next to the wav. So I am using mp3 to answer your question. Not sure why I'm getting the playback distortion, I have let the software auto calibrate so that it barely hits the yellow to red when recording.

Paul,

I am using the lame encoder which has the best audio reproduction characteristics next to the wav. So I am using mp3 to answer your question. Not sure why I'm getting the playback distortion, I have let the software auto calibrate so that it barely hits the yellow to red when recording.

Does saving it as a wav or media player file sound any better? I've read posts where just the hum of the power supply can cause some distortion and 1 post a long while back that suggested shutting down all other background programs helped. I don't know what to suggest. I don't have this problem and even running a virus scan during the audio capture didn't hurt it one bit.

Archived