Weird Quicktime Conflict

fearlessfreep

Question

Installed Creator 2011 last week and got the following message when attempting to import video:

"the file you are trying to use requires quicktime 7.04 or higher and has not been added"

Already running quicktime version 7.6.5

Other formats (AVI etc) work fine, only quicktime that won't import.

Google search yielded nothing.

Any insights?

Thanks very much.

fearlessfreep

4 answers to this question

What's the source of the file? It's possible that it's protected and can't be imported

Hey. These are my files. Quicktimes generated by AVID and not protected. Was running Creator 9 until recently and never had a problem. All of a sudden quicktime seems to be a thorn in my side. I suppose I could export the same file as an AVI also (need the quicktimes for VIMEO), but would rather skip the headache and find the problem's source.

Thanks for answering.

fearlessfreep

Hey. These are my files. Quicktimes generated by AVID and not protected. Was running Creator 9 until recently and never had a problem. All of a sudden quicktime seems to be a thorn in my side. I suppose I could export the same file as an AVI also (need the quicktimes for VIMEO), but would rather skip the headache and find the problem's source.

Thanks for answering.

fearlessfreep

Vimeo

Vimeo makes it easy for you to upload any kind of video you create. We accept tons of different file formats and even offer a Desktop Uploader. Basic (free) accounts allow for 500 MB of storage every week, and we provide easy tools to customize your videos to fit seamlessly into any website or blog. We even support High Definition. Yep, that's right, HD in full 720p!"

Could it be that "Avid" is giving you a non-standard Quicktime movie? I was at there site and some other versions of Quicktime did. 7.6 seems to be OK but I don't know about 7.6.5

The users group discussed that All traces of earlier Quicktime versions had to be removed to assure that 7.6 was installed correctly. You may want to try to remove Quicktime (all versions)using Revo Uninstaller (free from cnet.com) in the Moderate mode and then reinstalling 7.6

Edited by sknis

Thanks for the tips peeps. Feel a bit foolish but I fixed the glitch... by updating my Quick Time. I guess I got stuck in the head groove of ''but I DO have a higher version of QT than what you're asking for!'' Never stopped to think about just doing an update. With my luck another glitch will materialize, but in the meantime it's smooth sailing.

Thanks again folks. Have a good one.

fearlessfreep

Vimeo

Vimeo makes it easy for you to upload any kind of video you create. We accept tons of different file formats and even offer a Desktop Uploader. Basic (free) accounts allow for 500 MB of storage every week, and we provide easy tools to customize your videos to fit seamlessly into any website or blog. We even support High Definition. Yep, that's right, HD in full 720p!"

Could it be that "Avid" is giving you a non-standard Quicktime movie? I was at there site and some other versions of Quicktime did. 7.6 seems to be OK but I don't know about 7.6.5

The users group discussed that All traces of earlier Quicktime versions had to be removed to assure that 7.6 was installed correctly. You may want to try to remove Quicktime (all versions)using Revo Uninstaller (free from cnet.com) in the Moderate mode and then reinstalling 7.6