Vhs To Dvd Install Problem

Jeff.in.Arkansas

Question

The start up doesn't come up on the screen when I put the disc in. even when I click Run and D:, it says that I need to put a disc in the driver. I put a music disc in there and it played fine, but the Easy VHS to DVD will not come up.

My computer system is Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2.

5 answers to this question

The start up doesn't come up on the screen when I put the disc in. even when I click Run and D:, it says that I need to put a disc in the driver. I put a music disc in there and it played fine, but the Easy VHS to DVD will not come up.

Your post is confusing. You say you are trying to use "Easy VHS to DVD" but then you posted in the "Easy CD and DVD Burning" forum. Those are two completely different programs. Please tell us exactly what program you have.

Also explain exactly what you are trying to do.

Sorry for the confusing post. Don't know where my head was. I bought a copy of "Easy VHS to DVD" from a local discount store. When I tried to download the software onto my system from the supplied install disc, the computer didn't recognize the disc. I would insert the disc and it would do nothing automatically. If I selected the "D" (DVD RW)drive to try to view the files on the disc, it would eject the disc and ask me to insert a new disc into Drive D: I checked another disc that had pictures on it and the computer read that disc just fine.

Edited by Jeff.in.Arkansas

The install disc will not start if in a CD/RW drive; needs to be a DVD drive.

Sorry for the confusing post. Don't know where my head was. I bought a copy of "Easy VHS to DVD" from a local discount store. When I tried to download the software onto my system from the supplied install disc, the computer didn't recognize the disc. I would insert the disc and it would do nothing automatically. If I selected the "D" (DVD RW)drive to try to view the files on the disc, it would eject the disc and ask me to insert a new disc into Drive D: I checked another disc that had pictures on it and the computer read that disc just fine.

Box it all up and take it back to the Store.

Tell them you want to Exchange the software, because the disc is faulty. (most will not refund on an open box but will Exchange)