• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need Help Importing & Burning Blu-Ray Video

pyroj

Question

hi there everyone

hope someone can help me with this i have a video in Full Hd and did all the editing to it and made it into a 1080p mpg file. when i try import it i get "one or more files you are importing appear not to be dvd and blu-ray compliant and may require transcoding according to your current preference setting"

when i import all and attempt to transcode non-compliant files at burntime. it comes in but when i try to burn the blu-ray and play it the menu comes up in 1080p and the video onlys comes up in 576. what am i doing wrong ?

thanks for the help too

4 answers to this question

At File»Project Settings»HD Transcoding you must put your correct settings. According my experience we must avoid transcoding.When we export files to do authoring they must be compliant with the settings that we know before.

DVDit! HD Pro is not a very good solution to transcode.Look at Forum and you will see many posts about.

I edit with Edius 6 and I use to export TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 with SpursEngine(I have a FirecoderBlu card) and TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in MPEG-2 for EDIUS.

Only I use DVDit! when I want to do Blu-ray and DVD with the same project. Generally I use TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 who has all features according Blu-ray.

DVDit! produce Blu-ray and DVD with the same menu stucture and don't has all features according Blu-ray menu possibilities (pop-up menus and so).

Also You must read Anton's clever recomendation at: http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/folder-structure.html and Wikipedia about Blu-ray structure.

Edited by MPPais

thanks for that but no good. i use pinnacle and have imported it as MPG and WMV the HD Transcoding i have set get notting up with WMV but still get in at 576 when i play it. the main menu is 1080 but press play and 576 is what i get. i new at this and only have this a while.

DVDit! accept .ac3 5.1 audio files but they must be according settings bitrate.

Never was able to obtain PCM 7.1 files...(look some posts about this problem).

Sometimes ago I used Pinnacle Pro One card with Adobe Premiere. I upgrade to Pinnacle Liquid Edition and than to Avid Liquid Edition Pro.I have a wokstation with Avid Liquid Edition Pro who works great to produce DVD and it has a native authoring tool that is very good and also I have a very good second workstation (GrassValley) only to edit and do authoring HD with Edius and the above mentionated softwares. For me Edius is a very good solution and I am very happy with. HD needs a most powerful workstation than SD and camera must be very good with excelent lens.

If you want edit HD you must think about a very good system (hardware and software).

Do a search at GrassValley site and Forum: http://www.grassvalley.com/products and http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/forum/

Today I have not experience about Pinnacle (was bought by Avid) and Avid Products but I can say according talking whth many people that Edius (5 or 6) is a very good and super option when we do a comparison with others reputable NLE.

You have a trial version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5. Export your video and sound files with Pinnacle and after try to transcode them with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 according settings that before you prefer (HD Settings) and than import the transcoded files to DVDit!. It's a possible solution.

Good luck!!!

Edited by MPPais