Imac,toast And Bluray Burner

maddog11

Question

Can't get a straight answer from Roxie sales, Apple store, Tech stores or anyone else. Will Toast 11 burn BluRay discs? Has anyone actually done it? I ask Roxie, they say it depends on the burner. I talk to the burner sales people, they say it it depends on the Mac and software. The only one who committed was Lacie. Bought a BluRay from them for $250US, got it delivered, didn't work, and then Lacie tech support told me "of course it doesn't work on a Mac".I have an Imac. Does anyone know for sure how I can burn HiDef, BluRay discs?

2 answers to this question

Well, I have 2 Blu-ray burners; one internal and one external on my Mac Pro. Both are LG burners. The external one is in an enclosure I bought and has a USB connection. I've been successfully burning Blu-ray disks with Toast 10 for months. Usually create a disk image first, then burn from that. I've also created from Toast 11 too, but had to force quit when hit known 99% problem, start up again, then burn. Looks like fix for 99% problem will be here soon. I don't see why iMac wouldn't work well with external USB Blu-ray disk. Don't know about any problems using different brands of external blu-ray burners with Toast. Good luck.

Can't get a straight answer from Roxie sales, Apple store, Tech stores or anyone else. Will Toast 11 burn BluRay discs? Has anyone actually done it? I ask Roxie, they say it depends on the burner. I talk to the burner sales people, they say it it depends on the Mac and software. The only one who committed was Lacie. Bought a BluRay from them for $250US, got it delivered, didn't work, and then Lacie tech support told me "of course it doesn't work on a Mac".I have an Imac. Does anyone know for sure how I can burn HiDef, BluRay discs?

I have a Mac Pro with an LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner.

I use this to make backups of data from my hard drives. Works fine, no coasters, about 40 minutes to burn a 25gb disk. Simply start TT11 and choose Mac/PC and then drag files onto window in TT11. Click BURN and that's it. They also make a USB external version of this drive. Or you can put the internal drive in a 5.25 external enclosure and use USB/FW. Newegg is my source. The internal drive is currently $75.

The drive reads BR movie disks, but they cannot be played on a Mac without encoding to mkv or streaming. MakeMKV does this.

Archived