• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deleting Edited Points

lambo

Question

I have recorded the clips I wish to put on one video. I then edited them with markers, but the program continues to burn the whole video clip not the edited one. Ive been on the forum looking for answers but have found nothing that address's this specifically.

201B23 build

XP Pro sp3

2.4 gig athlon 64X2 dual

64bit

10 answers to this question

I have recorded the clips I wish to put on one video. I then edited them with markers, but the program continues to burn the whole video clip not the edited one. Ive been on the forum looking for answers but have found nothing that address's this specifically.

201B23 build

XP Pro sp3

2.4 gig athlon 64X2 dual

64bit

What is it you are trying to do? Just putting markers on the timeline does nothing.

Read/watch some of these tips and tutorial (thanks to Karri and Steve)

Beginner Video Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite

Steve's (sknis) Demo Videos Using Roxio EMC 8-10

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials

Roxio's Creator Learning Center

Edited by myguggi

What is it you are trying to do? Just putting markers on the timeline does nothing.

Yep I understand that. My issue is once the markers are placed how do I get rid of the edited part that I have marked?

Thanks for the quick reply!

You have done all you need to do once you have the Trim Markers in place...

Now you have to EXPORT the file to something, a DVD, Archive or any of the 9 choices offered!

In the Edit window all you have are "notes" as to what you Want to do... You have to Export to apply those notes ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Yep I understand that. My issue is once the markers are placed how do I get rid of the edited part that I have marked?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Assuming you want to delete the parts between markers: click on the bar containing the markers at a point between markers and an orange line should appear. Click on the litt red x and the section is removed.

Assuming you want to delete the parts between markers: click on the bar containing the markers at a point between markers and an orange line should appear. Click on the litt red x and the section is removed.

That does not work in the 201B Build???

The area between the Trim Markers is automatically deleted on Export.

post-39730-032164500 1304808820.jpg

Note that the clip here is actually 26 seconds long. The Trim Markers have reduced it to to :09 Seconds, shown in the upper right as well as on the Clip (blue) bar...

And yet the cursor is resting on the 0:10 seconds mark.

You can still see that part within the Edit Window, and it will remain in the original file until you Export it.

Even then the original file will remain untouched unless you choose an Export that will overwrite it.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Ok guys, I'm back :unsure: Ok I'll go step by step if you guys won't call me stupid....I first did my preferences and the folder I wanted it to go to,I then took one 2 hr video and put it into 10 chapters. Then clicked on the arrow bottom right corner which took me to picking DVD then title and destination,(which only gave me option for dvd drive. Then clicked export which immediately went to the dvd burner. Bingo I got the burned dvd with menu and chapters....woo hoo!

Now here is where I might have made my mistake and you guys will have to tell me. At this point after watching the dvd I had just burned, I decided it needed some editing. I then took same video list and went through each of the 10 videos I had made and put in edit points. When I was done again I clicked on export and it burned a dvd for me again. So here I go take the newly burned dvd up to watch and none of my edits were done in this new burn. That is exactly what I have done to date. Now maybe someone will understand better my problem of how to get rid of the parts I want edited out. Do I have to start completely over? Do I have to go to where I originally saved the first burned filed and delete them from the drive? Sorry for being long winded...it is probably an easy fix but I'm lost.

I sort of wish I had the version MYGUGI said it would be easy.

Thanks again soooo much

You have done all you need to do once you have the Trim Markers in place...

Now you have to EXPORT the file to something, a DVD, Archive or any of the 9 choices offered!

In the Edit window all you have are "notes" as to what you Want to do... You have to Export to apply those notes ;)

Jim

I click export and it goes directly to the "adjusting Trim Points" screen

No Other Choices...then gos to "exporting to dvd" screen no other choices.

I can not find any other place for this to go in my version of "easy VHS to DVD" I can't find the "archive or 9 other places"

Thanks

Edited by lambo