Cd Spin Doctor Very Poor

Rob-Bob

Question

I just purchased Toast 11 so I could use a new version of CD Spin Doctor. The previous version would randomly freeze the audio with a buzz sound. The version bundled with Toast 11 (and yes I upgraded to the latest version) is next to useless. It is a completely unfinished software package and should not even be on sale. Saved files lose all the tracks and settings you had done and it is not compatible with previous saved files. If you do manage to create tracks, you can't send the tracks to iTunes. What it sends is the complete recording as a single track with the name of the first track. I'm an engineer and if I did my work the way Roxio sells software, I would be in jail!

I used to be one of Roxio's greatest fans and have used their products since 2001. The last few releases have been complete disappointments for their lack of advertised functionality. This purchase will be my last from Roxio unless they really clean up their act.

Time to look for another software supplier to meet my needs with something that actually works.

1 answer to this question

I agree that Spin Doctor X is unfinished. However, something you might want to do is use Spin Doctor X for capturing the audio and then save the entire recording as a full quality AIFF file. Then use the previous CD Spin Doctor to do all the finishing work.