24 KT. Gold DVD-R!

cdanteek

Coming Soon From Mobile Fidelity...

The Ultradisc™ 24 KT. Gold DVD-R!

Finally, a DVD-R designed for professional, data critical, music and graphic archival applications, and all other data storage where there is no margin for loss or error. Additional features include instantaneous pit burning (burst burning) for superior pit formation and extremely low to no error rate; and an added, patented, scratch resistant, protective surface. The average DVD-R has a projected life-span of 20 years—if stored in ideal conditions. Accelerated aging tests show that the ULTRADISC™ DVD-R retains its specifications for more than 300 years. Now information can be accurately stored and retrieved virtually forever.

link

Who will guarantee you'll have an adequate player in around 100, 200, or 300 years?

cdanteek

Coming Soon From Mobile Fidelity...

The Ultradisc™ 24 KT. Gold DVD-R!

Who will guarantee you'll have an adequate player in around 100, 200, or 300 years?

cdanteek

I was also wondering how they managed to check it after 300 years - or even 20 - since we don't have time machines available - that I know of, anyhow. :)

Lynn

If you can't read it in 300 years, they'll give you another one free, on warranty.

I think they DO have a time machine. They're just about to release some Little Richard albums. :)

Perry Como is coming next week.

If you can't read it in 300 years, they'll give you another one free, on warranty.

I think they DO have a time machine. They're just about to release some Little Richard albums. :huh:

Perry Como is coming next week.

Hey! What's wrong with that? Tell me you didn't have a Perry Como shirt in the late 50's. LOLLOL And I am not talking about one with writing on it. I am talking the patented collar. :)

Perry Como needs to stay in the box. However, now you're cookin' with Little Richard. That minister made some pretty good stuff back in those days. (Long Tall Sally, Slippin' & Slidin', you name it). And how about Jerry Lee Lewis & "A Whole Lot of Shakin' going On" Or the Big Bopper, Or the Four Tunes doing "Marie". About the only other bunch that beat all that was the "Big Bands" era. Now that was some real stuff. !!

Paint me in the late 40's and 50's. Oh yeah, best instument ever made was the Saxophone !!

Frank....

Perry Como needs to stay in the box. However, now you're cookin' with Little Richard. That minister made some pretty good stuff back in those days. (Long Tall Sally, Slippin' & Slidin', you name it). And how about Jerry Lee Lewis & "A Whole Lot of Shakin' going On" Or the Big Bopper, Or the Four Tunes doing "Marie". About the only other bunch that beat all that was the "Big Bands" era. Now that was some real stuff. !!

Paint me in the late 40's and 50's. Oh yeah, best instument ever made was the Saxiphone !!

Frank....

I don't know about that. Harry James made some sweet sounds out of his trumpet.

best instument ever made was the Saxiphone !!

Frank it's Saxophone!

What band has used it with 40 years under there belt, one of the best

concert performances with a Saxophone in the last 30 years! The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon (1998)

I'm just waiting on a friend.

Good stuff!

cdanteek

And the site uses that horrible word "preorder", objecting to the use of which is a lost cause if ever there was one! What's wrong with good, old-fashioned ordering? As far as I am concerned, preordering, if it means anything at all, means your state of mind whilst you weigh up whether or not to place an order.

Archived