• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Freezes While Encoding Movie

Magsie

Question

Hi,

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2010. OS is Windows XP SP3. 2.91GHz AMD11 x 2 245. 1.87GB RAM. ATI Radeon 2000 Grapics Display Adapter. DirectX 9.0c. WMP10.

I am trying to burn using Roxio MyDVD after editing Sanyo video - MPEG4. Have saved project 4619MB burning to 4.7GB disc. Have main menu and submenu with unlinked button. Everything looks good but.....

Burnt project to .iso image using the 'software' rendering but it did not capture the transitions which I want to keep.

While trying to burn using 'hardware' rendering, (I believe this keeps the transitions in the project)the program freezes between 29% to 37% while encoding movie.

Is there a way to burn this and keep the transitions?

I did a defrag before burning and checked Windows update for any video driver update but couldn't see any update in there.

Regards,

Magsie

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I have Roxio Creator Pro 2010. OS is Windows XP SP3. 2.91GHz AMD11 x 2 245. 1.87GB RAM. ATI Radeon 2000 Grapics Display Adapter. DirectX 9.0c. WMP10.

I am trying to burn using Roxio MyDVD after editing Sanyo video - MPEG4. Have saved project 4619MB burning to 4.7GB disc. Have main menu and submenu with unlinked button. Everything looks good but.....

Burnt project to .iso image using the 'software' rendering but it did not capture the transitions which I want to keep.

While trying to burn using 'hardware' rendering, (I believe this keeps the transitions in the project)the program freezes between 29% to 37% while encoding movie.

Is there a way to burn this and keep the transitions?

I did a defrag before burning and checked Windows update for any video driver update but couldn't see any update in there.

Regards,

Magsie

With your project in Video Wave, select to output you video to a "mpg2 fro DVD, best quality" file (top menu). It will encode there. If it stops, not about where and look for some thing going on -a particular transition, a double transition, music starting or ending, a special effect.-- etc. Fix it. If there is nothing there, then you cannot use the transitions that require hardware rendering unless you buy and install a desktop video card..

If it (they) encode, then just use those in MyDVD

If you checked Windows for an updated driver and there is none, chances are that there are several. Get the updates from your computer manufacturer (if a laptop) and from the video chip manufacturer if a desk top.

With your project in Video Wave, select to output you video to a "mpg2 fro DVD, best quality" file (top menu). It will encode there. If it stops, not about where and look for some thing going on -a particular transition, a double transition, music starting or ending, a special effect.-- etc. Fix it. If there is nothing there, then you cannot use the transitions that require hardware rendering unless you buy and install a desktop video card..

If it (they) encode, then just use those in MyDVD

If you checked Windows for an updated driver and there is none, chances are that there are several. Get the updates from your computer manufacturer (if a laptop) and from the video chip manufacturer if a desk top.

Thanks. I did as you suggested and output a trial project (slightly smaller at 1085MB)to mpg2 for DVD best quality. Saved as .iso image, and tested in the virtual disc drive. It worked perfectly. So that's great.

Just wondering, would it be worthwhile installing a video card to avoid any hickups later on?

Regards, Magsie

Thanks. I did as you suggested and output a trial project (slightly smaller at 1085MB)to mpg2 for DVD best quality. Saved as .iso image, and tested in the virtual disc drive. It worked perfectly. So that's great.

Just wondering, would it be worthwhile installing a video card to avoid any hickups later on?

Regards, Magsie

Great ! That sometimes saves time when you have a complex set of projects.

Buying a card is certainly up to you and your wallet. :rolleyes: Many people run the program on laptops with no issues and no video cards.

You may gain some speed with a gaming card but if this method works for you than there is no real need. It also depends on how much you use the program.

Great ! That sometimes saves time when you have a complex set of projects.

Buying a card is certainly up to you and your wallet. :rolleyes: Many people run the program on laptops with no issues and no video cards.

You may gain some speed with a gaming card but if this method works for you than there is no real need. It also depends on how much you use the program.

Many thanks. Got a good deal on a graphics card and all seems to be going well at present. Hopefully will continue to do so.

Regards, Magsie