• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Play All - Multiple Slideshows...

bryanl

Question

I have 8 slideshows that we are trying to import into one MyDVD Project. I can import them individually and then can watch one at a time. But we are trying to make one large movie with chapters. According to the HELP section, it states that when you import them together they will give you the option to make ONE movie with chapters. However, every time we try to import more than one slideshow at a time, the MyDVD program shuts down.

Am I doing this wrong or is there a problem I do not know about?

Our system information:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.6Ghz

NVIDIA Quatro FX 1500

2 Gig Memory

Version of Roxio currently installed:

Roxio Creator 10

1.2.193 SP2.1; 5.0.0.0

4 answers to this question

I have 8 slideshows that we are trying to import into one MyDVD Project. I can import them individually and then can watch one at a time. But we are trying to make one large movie with chapters. According to the HELP section, it states that when you import them together they will give you the option to make ONE movie with chapters. However, every time we try to import more than one slideshow at a time, the MyDVD program shuts down.

Am I doing this wrong or is there a problem I do not know about?

Our system information:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.6Ghz

NVIDIA Quatro FX 1500

2 Gig Memory

Version of Roxio currently installed:

Roxio Creator 10

1.2.193 SP2.1; 5.0.0.0

You posted in Creator 2010 and not Easy Media Creattor 10. Therer is also an OEM called Creator 10.X with a two letter designation like "DE". Which do you have? The names are changed in the applications so I don't want to confuse you.

In My DVD, when you go to add the slide shows, select add video/image. Navigate to where you have the slide shows and use the Windows command - CTRL+Enter - to select all of them in the correct order. They should all be added as one movie on the menu.

Please only one post per issue.

Edited by sknis

I do not have EMC 10 installed anywhere but it does break 2011 for sure when you try to add too many dmss files :o

Although I could add 6! - 7 or more was a bust :(

post-39730-036918100 1304950135.jpg

post-39730-061893900 1304950137.jpg

And it will not combine multiple dmss files!

So here is what you will need to do to salvage your projects… One at a time, double click on the dmss file to open it in Roxio Slideshow Assistant. Click ‘Next’, ‘Next’ to get to Step 3 and select Create File. You will have to set the dialog to DVD Playback & MPEG-2 Best Quality. Also set the location and File Name each time:

post-39730-034080900 1304950140.jpg

Do this for all of your Slideshow Project Files (dmss)…

post-39730-039865000 1304950143.jpg

Then Open MyDVD and Add New Movie. Use the ‘Control Click’ to add the MPG files in the order you want them to appear:

post-39730-038414100 1304950147.jpg

When you click Add, you will see the prompt to add them as individual movies or combine them as you want to do:

post-39730-002702300 1304950150.jpg

If you select the Movie and then Edit within MyDVD you can see that all 8 have been added:

post-39730-079342600 1304950155.jpg

They show Black in this example because of the Fade-in/Out that I used… And that is how you will need to salvage this mess :P

How do you Avoid it???[/

We always recommend using VideoWave to do everything, including slideshows!

Because VW Project files (dmsm) can be added to MyDVD just like movie clips!!!

A variation on that would be to use the Slideshow Assistant to create the show, and at the end, Step 3, take the option to Edit in VideoWave

I really lean toward using VideoWave exclusively, but after you get your project completed, try it both ways and burn some RW discs. :D

• Like 1