DVD Copy Freeze Up

flatmacsurf

Question

I am having a problem during DVD Copy. It is a not a copy protected disc and have copied this same disc many times before, but it now stalls at around the 2:00 mark. The app totally freezes and does nothing. I even had trouble force quitting.

The DVD is about 90% copied and plays fine until it just ends. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9 and Roxio Toast 7.1 This happens with other discs as well and is a new, sudden problem.

I also have Popcorn which gives me error code 108 (not enough memory). I have 34G of space left and 768 RAM.

Any ideas?

Steve

3 answers to this question

I also wanted to add that I'm using Lacie external burner. My media is TY DVD-R. Toast is currently hung up again as I type this and will not even Force Quit and I'm probably going to have to shut down just to free it up.

Okay, now I tried copying an audio CD and this popped up:

Sense Key - medium error

Sense Code - OxOC

Write Error - Disc failed to be written

Translation?

Steve

My Webpage

I also wanted to add that I'm using Lacie external burner. My media is TY DVD-R. Toast is currently hung up again as I type this and will not even Force Quit and I'm probably going to have to shut down just to free it up.

Okay, now I tried copying an audio CD and this popped up:

Sense Key - medium error

Sense Code - OxOC

Write Error - Disc failed to be written

Translation?

Steve

My Webpage

I replied to your first post in the other thread. As for the medium error this definitely suggests that the drive is having problems. You might get past that error when burning an audio CD by burning at no faster than 8X speed (which is a good idea anyway when burning audio CDs). As I stated in the other thread, I also recommend getting a laser cleaning disc.

I replied to your first post in the other thread. As for the medium error this definitely suggests that the drive is having problems. You might get past that error when burning an audio CD by burning at no faster than 8X speed (which is a good idea anyway when burning audio CDs). As I stated in the other thread, I also recommend getting a laser cleaning disc.

I got a laser cleaning disc and copied the same audio disc without a problem (8x speed) then tried the DVD at 1x speed. Once again, after the RAM is filled and the writing of the track begins, the software freezes up at 2:11 this time out. Once again Force Quit will not work and restarting didn't help either. The DVD was still stuck and reopening Toast gave me this message:

Toast Anywhere could not be initialized. Your recorders will not be shared. Code - 42885

I have no idea what this means.

I then had to power off my Mac just to get the disc out. I really don't know what to try next. I started with Toast 6 and it gave me headaches for awhile and now this version. When I burn CD's through iTunes everything is good. I don't suppose there is tech support for Roxio via a human voice?

I'm willing to listen to any other ideas since I'm not an expert. Getting frustrated as I have a Mac and used to things going smoothly.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

My Webpage

Archived