Mydvd Previews Fine...but Photos In 1 Movie Are Black/blank When Buring To Dvd

Mrs-ff

Question

I am a brand new user - using Roxio Creator 2011 - who is trying to "burn to DVD" a project created in MyDVD (using individual "movies," really slideshows with audio created in VideoWave). The project (5 movies) previews perfectly, but when I burn to DVD (whether an ISO file or an actual DVD), the photos in one of the movies are black/blank (although the audio comes through just fine). Here are the specifics:

• Error code or issue: I have created 5 “slideshows” in VideoWave (Pictures with audio); I then added them as “movies” to MyDVD with an unlinked menu (for “Play All”) and a submenu (to “Select Slideshow” to choose each of the 5 slideshows to play). When I preview the project all it looks/works great. When I try to create a DVD (whether an ISO file or an actual DVD), the “pictures” in the 5th “slideshow” are black/blank (although the audio does come through). Note that I tried moving the problematic slideshow to a different position in the project with the same results (i.e., black/blanks for the “pictures” in the slideshow in question). The only difference I can think of is that the slideshow in question is comprised of .jpg scans of a scrapbook whereas the photos included in the other slideshows are individual photos or scans of individual photos (all in .jpg format). However, like the .jpg photos in the other slideshows, I have opened the .jpg scrapbook files in Picasa, edited them (cropped, etc.) and then resaved them before importing to VideoWave. The total “length” of the MyDVD movie (which includes all 5 slideshows) is approximately 10 minutes.

• What kind of project were you working on: MyDVD comprised of 5 movies made in VideoWave.

• What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? I was using VideoWave files created in Roxio My Creator 2011. The photos imported to VideoWave are all individual .jpgs that I have opened and edited in Picasa and then saved.

• Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? The project completed and previewed fine. I just cannot seem to burn a “complete” copy, whether as an image or an actual DVD.

• Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? No.

• Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? No; N/A.

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

• Operating System (including service packs): Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2

• Make: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q 8200 @ 2.33GHz

• Model: (Hybrid/custom built by a technician)

• Video card: Intel G41 Express Chipset

• Processor speed: 2.33GHz

• RAM: 3.20GB

• Free hard drive space: 280GB

• I last did an operating system update on: Today (5/12/11)

I hope someone can help!!!!!

3 answers to this question

I am a brand new user - using Roxio Creator 2011 - who is trying to "burn to DVD" a project created in MyDVD (using individual "movies," really slideshows with audio created in VideoWave). The project (5 movies) previews perfectly, but when I burn to DVD (whether an ISO file or an actual DVD), the photos in one of the movies are black/blank (although the audio comes through just fine). Here are the specifics:

• Error code or issue: I have created 5 “slideshows” in VideoWave (Pictures with audio); I then added them as “movies” to MyDVD with an unlinked menu (for “Play All”) and a submenu (to “Select Slideshow” to choose each of the 5 slideshows to play). When I preview the project all it looks/works great. When I try to create a DVD (whether an ISO file or an actual DVD), the “pictures” in the 5th “slideshow” are black/blank (although the audio does come through). Note that I tried moving the problematic slideshow to a different position in the project with the same results (i.e., black/blanks for the “pictures” in the slideshow in question). The only difference I can think of is that the slideshow in question is comprised of .jpg scans of a scrapbook whereas the photos included in the other slideshows are individual photos or scans of individual photos (all in .jpg format). However, like the .jpg photos in the other slideshows, I have opened the .jpg scrapbook files in Picasa, edited them (cropped, etc.) and then resaved them before importing to VideoWave. The total “length” of the MyDVD movie (which includes all 5 slideshows) is approximately 10 minutes.

• What kind of project were you working on: MyDVD comprised of 5 movies made in VideoWave.

• What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? I was using VideoWave files created in Roxio My Creator 2011. The photos imported to VideoWave are all individual .jpgs that I have opened and edited in Picasa and then saved.

• Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? The project completed and previewed fine. I just cannot seem to burn a “complete” copy, whether as an image or an actual DVD.

• Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? No.

• Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? No; N/A.

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

• Operating System (including service packs): Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2

• Make: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q 8200 @ 2.33GHz

• Model: (Hybrid/custom built by a technician)

• Video card: Intel G41 Express Chipset

• Processor speed: 2.33GHz

• RAM: 3.20GB

• Free hard drive space: 280GB

• I last did an operating system update on: Today (5/12/11)

I hope someone can help!!!!!

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you but I have the exact same problem and I am waiting on someone to give me an

answer. It must be a problem with the program obviously. Hopefully, they will have a patch or upgrade to correct the

problem. This is so frustrating. I have 2 more slideshows I am suppose to do this week - i think i am just going to

buy another program since no one seems to have the answers on how to fix this. There goes $89. I hope you get help right

away.

Good Luck!

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you but I have the exact same problem and I am waiting on someone to give me an

answer. It must be a problem with the program obviously. Hopefully, they will have a patch or upgrade to correct the

problem. This is so frustrating. I have 2 more slideshows I am suppose to do this week - i think i am just going to

buy another program since no one seems to have the answers on how to fix this. There goes $89. I hope you get help right

away.

Good Luck!

Actually you did get an answer or at least a request for information, 2 days ago! HERE

It is most likely your PC but until you supply the requested information, including your Video Card and try some of the suggestions that were made, not much anyone can do… :(

away.

Good Luck!

It is not a problem with the "program obviously" otherwise everyone would have the problem.

BTW, you do not have the same program as the original poster in this thread so it could not even be the same problem.