• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio can't see Windows XP MCE SP2 CD-DVD Drives

directjj

Question

1) I have Roxio 7.5 & Roxio 5. I prefer the Jewel Case Creator in Roxio 5 and have been using it on two machines. I had to reinstall it because I uninstalled it. The reinstallation was full of problems, not like before and I can't get Roxio 5 Jewel Case Creator or CD Copier to see my DVD Drives.

Windows XP MCE SP2 CD-DVD Drives

2) Was trying to tweak my system to avoid Roxio/Sonic file conflicts with Nero InCD (which was also working fine on both PC's) and among other things I uninstalled all Sonic & Roxio stuff that came from HP.

3) Trying to re-install Roxio 5 following the steps that always worked for me in the past, with the various XP patches, caused my DVD drives to disappear from My Computer. In Device Manager they had yellow icon with black exclamation point "!" Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37). Kept applying the various Roxio XP patches and got to a point PC would not boot and had to recover to last known good startup.

To simplify things I uninstalled Nero InCD and tried again. Same problems. Uninstalled Roxio 5, ran RoxioZap, tryed reinstalling Roxio 5 same problems everytime. Tried reinstalling and applying patches without rebooting. Same Problems, Couldn't boot windows had to resort to Last Know Configuration.

With HP's tech support

HP DVD Drive not Detected Step 8: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...=reg_R1002_USEN

Step 8 editing the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and deleting the upper & lower filters (whatever they are).

brought my DVD drives back in My Computer and eliminated Error 37 in Device Manager.

EVERYTHING is back to normal EXCEPT that Roxio 5 Jewel Case Creator and/or Disc Copier (which I don't need but installed to trouble shoot) can't see the DVD Drives.

JCC gives the error message I used to get when the CD had not had time to spin up, i.e. "Could Not Find A CD To Read"

Roxio Disk Copier says "CreatorAPI can't see all the cdroms in the system"

Disc Copier could not locate a supported CD-ROM reader.

I own Roxio 7.5 which is installed on my other PC along with Nero InCD, and the Roxio 5 JCC and is working pretty smooth. I hate the Roxio 7.5 Label Creator which is a pig (machine hog, slow) lacks features in the Roxio 5 Jewel Case Creator.

Please help me get the Roxio 5 Jewel Case Creator to see my DVD drives in the PC I screwed up with my tweaking.

During this hole process comparing my 2 PC's I see different versions of the following files, probaby because Roxio 7.5 is on my notebook. All but the CDDB files were found as possible conflicts to Nero InCD with their utility. I may have made matters worse experimenting with different versions on my desktop which is where I can't get Roxio 5 Jewel Case Cretaor ot the see the DVD Drives.

=================================

C:\windows\system32

------------------------------------------------------------

CDDBControlRoxio.dll = 1.2.0.50 and/or 2.0.0.20

CDDBUIRoxio.dll = 1.2.0.48. and/or 2.0.0.20

------------------------------

cdral.dll = 5.3.5.10 and/or 7.5.0.47

=================================

C:\windows\system32\drivers

------------------------------------------------------------

cdr4_xp.sys = 5.3.5.10 and/or 8.0.0.212

------------------------------