Choppy And Slow Movie When Burning Avchd Dvd

John3-16

Question

I have a macbook pro 13' MY 2010. It fully meets Toast 11 System requirements. Nevertheless the first time I imported from my AVCHD Handycam Sony HDR-XR 155 a HD movie clip in Toast 11.0.2 to be burn as AVCHD. The burner DVD had a choppy and slow image.

Under the settings I chose "Best" quality image.

The MBP was NOT plugged into wall socket when it imported AVCHD files and burned them.

How can I improve performances? I bought Toast 11 just to make AVCHD. Thanks

3 answers to this question

I'm confused about what settings you used in Toast. It was either Blu-ray, High-Definition DVD-video or regular DVD-video. Something you might try is choose the custom encoder settings and select MPEG-4 and Never Re-encode. Toast may still need to encode the video to meet the format specs but it is worth a try.

Thank you for answering me. I want to realize a High-Definition DVD-video. I do not think the problem is due to the encoder setting because i followed your suggestions and the movie quality was still as reported. But, unexpectedly, when opening the DVD in VLC the quality was ok. SO I think the problem is up to Roxio DVD player that does not perform well with AVCHD DVD.

Now I will try to play my newly burned High-Definition DVD-video in a Blue Ray disc player and check the outcome. Once i will buy one.