• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave - Audio Editor

Scupper

Question

I am using Creator 2011 Pro. While working in Videowave, I can use the Audio Editor -> Audio Cleaner for a clip on the storyboard. If I try to use it for a second clip during the same session, the program crashes everytime. As a workaround, I can save the project after editing each clip, exiting the program, and restarting Videowave to edit another clip, but it is time consuming. Is this a know problem?

Camera JVC Everio GZ-HM300BU

System: Vista Premium x64 SP2 - Phenom 9750 (95w) - MSI K9A2-CF v1 - BIOS 1.12 - OCZ

Platinum AMD Special PC2-8500 2x2048 MB - Thermaltake ToughPower 750w W0116 -

Radeon 2900XT 512MB DDR3 - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD (16MB cache) 7200.10 NCQ

SATAII - LG SATA Super Multi GSA-62N DVD - Ultra 4 port Firewire Card - Mitsumi

6in1 card reader - Antec P182B Case

All Vista updates, motherboard, audio, and video drivers are up to date.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I am using Creator 2011 Pro. While working in Videowave, I can use the Audio Editor -> Audio Cleaner for a clip on the storyboard. If I try to use it for a second clip during the same session, the program crashes everytime. As a workaround, I can save the project after editing each clip, exiting the program, and restarting Videowave to edit another clip, but it is time consuming. Is this a know problem?

Camera JVC Everio GZ-HM300BU

System: Vista Premium x64 SP2 - Phenom 9750 (95w) - MSI K9A2-CF v1 - BIOS 1.12 - OCZ

Platinum AMD Special PC2-8500 2x2048 MB - Thermaltake ToughPower 750w W0116 -

Radeon 2900XT 512MB DDR3 - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD (16MB cache) 7200.10 NCQ

SATAII - LG SATA Super Multi GSA-62N DVD - Ultra 4 port Firewire Card - Mitsumi

6in1 card reader - Antec P182B Case

All Vista updates, motherboard, audio, and video drivers are up to date.

Thanks.

Is the CPU this one (link)? Has it ever hung on you before. You may have to use your work around since it works.

Try this.afterer you have cleaned one audio, go to the top of Video Wave and select tools, options and clear the proxy files. The try editing the next one.

The proxy files help start the project faster but they can actually slow it down when the project has been edited several times. By clearing the proxy files, they will contain just what is in the project now. The proxy files are immediately rebuilt when you clear them.

Is the CPU this one (link)? Has it ever hung on you before. You may have to use your work around since it works.

Try this.afterer you have cleaned one audio, go to the top of Video Wave and select tools, options and clear the proxy files. The try editing the next one.

The proxy files help start the project faster but they can actually slow it down when the project has been edited several times. By clearing the proxy files, they will contain just what is in the project now. The proxy files are immediately rebuilt when you clear them.

Yes, that is the processor. Here are the specs from AMD http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=401 The system is stable and I have run Memtest 86+ for 12 hours, PCMark Vantage, 3DMark, etc. with no problems. I also disabled AMD's Cool'n Quiet just in case.

Unfortunately, clearing the proxy files between edits didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.