• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

kitso45

Need Updated Drivers But Am Having Difficulty Getting Them

I have Easy CD Creator 5 platinum which I purchased retail about 4 or 5 years ago. I haven' used it in several years and now find it cannot recognize my CDR drive and does not support it. I have tried to get the updated driver and amprompted to furnish a TSID number. The message advises to contact custome support. When I try to contact cs I get an "ask marge" prompt which is automated and is not of any help in my request.

Is there any way to update the drivers for my PURCHASED CD creator 5 platinum without this frustrating hassle

I have the original package that has the CD Key but that doesn't help me! :)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Jim

I have Easy CD Creator 5 platinum which I purchased retail about 4 or 5 years ago. I haven' used it in several years and now find it cannot recognize my CDR drive and does not support it. I have tried to get the updated driver and amprompted to furnish a TSID number. The message advises to contact custome support. When I try to contact cs I get an "ask marge" prompt which is automated and is not of any help in my request.

Is there any way to update the drivers for my PURCHASED CD creator 5 platinum without this frustrating hassle

I have the original package that has the CD Key but that doesn't help me! :)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Jim

(1) if you have a new drive (especially newer than Dec 2004), it may not be supported by ECDC 5 at all - it IS a 1999 program. (you haven't told us what the id string is - see FREQUENT ANSWERS, at the top of the postings, for how to find the id string)

(2) try http://www.roxio.com/en/support/uk/ecdc/so...updatesv5.jhtml

and for the drive up

http://www.roxio.jp/support/download/ecdc5/driveup5.3.5v.exe

(Don't know if this is short-term or long-term.)

Lynn

(1) if you have a new drive (especially newer than Dec 2004), it may not be supported by ECDC 5 at all - it IS a 1999 program. (you haven't told us what the id string is - see FREQUENT ANSWERS, at the top of the postings, for how to find the id string)

(2) try http://www.roxio.com/en/support/uk/ecdc/so...updatesv5.jhtml

and for the drive up

(Don't know if this is short-term or long-term.)

Lynn

Lynn: THANKS for your help. The CDR drive is the original OEM drive from 2001

I downloaded the Easy creator Update Utility and received the eror message "Burning Engine Has Not Been Detected" when I tried to install it

Jim

Lynn: THANKS for your help. The CDR drive is the original OEM drive from 2001

I downloaded the Easy creator Update Utility and received the eror message "Burning Engine Has Not Been Detected" when I tried to install it

Jim

Sounds probably that ECDC 5 has been "broken" by some other burning program.

Take a look at the FREQUENT ANSWERS post pinned to the top of the ECDC 5 Forum, and if that doens't answer the question, come back with enough info for us to help you.

Lynn

Jim,

If you have the original drive that the OEM software came with, it should work WITHOUT UPDATES being necessary.

If it isn't working (and the drive's still okay) then the software has been broken by something or hasn't been installed successfully.

Tell us more about your operating system, the drive, the machine, and the software history, so we can see where it broke.

Jim,

If you have the original drive that the OEM software came with, it should work WITHOUT UPDATES being necessary.

If it isn't working (and the drive's still okay) then the software has been broken by something or hasn't been installed successfully.

Tell us more about your operating system, the drive, the machine, and the software history, so we can see where it broke.

I uninstalled Real Player, Windows Media Player10, MM Jukebox used Roxizap to uninstall Easy CD Creator 5 platinum and then Reinstalled it from the CD. During the reinstall I received a warning window advising there was no recognized drive, do you still want to continue. (The same warning I saw during yesterday's install) so I cancelled the install.

I'm using XP home on a Dell 2650 laptop 1.8 512mb memory.

Any ideas why the software cannot recognize my drive??

I uninstalled Real Player, Windows Media Player10, MM Jukebox used Roxizap to uninstall Easy CD Creator 5 platinum and then Reinstalled it from the CD. During the reinstall I received a warning window advising there was no recognized drive, do you still want to continue. (The same warning I saw during yesterday's install) so I cancelled the install.

There is a post pinned to the top of the ECDCs 5 Forum on ECDC 5 vs WinXP.

I think you will find the information you need there.

Lynn

When you get the warning, tell it to continue, then apply the update that lynn gave you in here post earlier ( http://www.roxio.com/en/support/uk/ecdc/so...updatesv5.jhtml ).

You should not need the driveup download.

Edited by ogdens

Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum 5

Installation Steps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be on at least version 5.1 to run under WinXP. Version 5.1 and later run just fine under WinXP/sp1.

In order to run under WinXP/sp2, you may have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall AFTER applying the sp2 update. Please be advised that Roxio has said they do not support Version 5 running under WinXP/sp2. But many folks have gotten it to work successfully.

You may want to check under "Recorder Support" on the Roxio web site to see which version first supported your cdrw drive, if you have a newer device. You will need to use the actual drive-id string found under "properties" for your cdrw drive.

Do a complete and clean uninstall of any previous versions of Easy CD Creator.

You can do this via "Control Panel" - "Add/Remove Software".

You can also download and run "roxizap" to cleanout any remnants left behind (although this may not be necessary).

Get it here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Be sure no other packet writing software (such as InCD from Nero) is installed.

Download the updates for Platinum 5 from the Roxio site.

Currently, you want 4, including: 5.3.5, photo, video, & 5.3.5driveup.

Note: if you are installing the "Basic" version, you only need the "Basic" 5.3.5 update and the same driveup535 described above. You cannot apply Platinum updates to a "Basic" program installation.

Install ECDC 5 from the cd.

If you get a warning message from WinXP/sp2 that the software may cause instability problems on your system you can tell it to install anyway - but you are proceeding at your own risk, since Roxio has not ensured the software will run under all WinXP/sp2 situations.

If the install says there are no supported recorders – tell it to install anyway.

(the updates will add support for some newer drives)

DO NOT REBOOT - Once again - DO NOT REBOOT!

Run all the updates – be sure to run 5.3.5 before the 5.3.5 driveup.

Then Reboot.

Updating ECDC5

------------------------

Make sure you have downloaded the correct version for what you have installed.

You need the "Platinum" 5.3.5 update if you have the full retail version installed, or the "basic" 5.3.5 update if your installation came with your computer or burner.

If you are not sure what you have, try to run Soundstream, Sound Editor, or Label Creator. They only come with the Platinum version - so if you don't have these - you need the "basic" update. The Platinum 5.3.5 update will not run against a ECDC5 "basic" installation.

ECDC5 & WinXP

-----------------------------

1) Roxio does not support ECDC5 on a Windows XP with Service Pack 2 machine.

2) This does not mean the program will not work, it means that if it doesn't work that there is no magic patch to fix problems specific to service pack 2.

3) The majority of people who have ECDC working on their system first had a very clean installation of WindowsXP w/SP2 and preferably ALL windows updates before installing ECDC 5.

4) Many people who updated to service pack 2 while ECDC 5 was installed are having problems.

5) There may be conflicts between ECDC 5 and MediaPlayer 10 or Real Player while running XP Service Pack 2.

Edited by rich86

I'm having similar issues with updating my version of CD Creator 5. It's caused the computer to crash a couple of times recently and I was referred to this site for a fix.

I am unable to download the patch and can't seem to log in to self-help to even ask a technical support person for assistance.

I can log into the site, however.

This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to urgrade to another version of CD Creator or any other Roxio product.

Do people get these problems with Nero?

i am having a hard time trying to find a valid tsid number, the one i thought they were asking for is the product s/n and they don't accept that as being valid. is there some other number i should be looking at?

i am having a hard time trying to find a valid tsid number, the one i thought they were asking for is the product s/n and they don't accept that as being valid. is there some other number i should be looking at?

Say you have Basic, it will take you to the same download page. Platinum is at the atop, Basic is at the bottom. (If you get caught in 'the Loop', check the FREQUENT ANSWERS post at the top of the ECDC 5 postings for how to deal with it ... you might want to check that anyway for useful info.)

If the link doesn't work, try this one:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/uk/ecdc/so...updatesv5.jhtml

and for the drive up

Lynn