• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Proxy Manager Has Stopped Working...

Ed Robinson

Question

I just purchased the Easy VHS to DVD program and USB connector and installed the application on my computer. I restarted the computer. I then connected the USB and loaded the driver.

When I clicked the short cut button I got a message that "The Proxy Manager has stopped working and the program must be closed."

Then the "Windows is searching for a solution for the problem..." box opened and shut down the program.

Can you tell me what is happening here? I am running Vista on a Dell tower.

Thanks, Ed

12 answers to this question

I just got this product, and have had the same results. I'm running windows vista home preimun , Dell Insperon 537, preimum dual core processor, 4GB Ram, 64 bit OS.. I have tried the repair but still get the "Proxy Manager not loading. Suggestions please

Edited by agroe

Thank you for your advice. I followed it exactly as suggested. I even had an IT guy assist me. During this time I still got the proxy manager error (ect) however,after clicking out of the error boxes the program continued to run. Just to see what would happen I continued. I was allowed to get an video & audio feed (had'nt before). So I continued and put in a DVD. As soon as I hit the record button I lost audio & video feed from the program my camrecorder continued just fine. Then when I attempted to stop recording, the program crashed. It took over five minutes to close the program, and I had to shut down my computer to get the dvd out.

The problem is in your PC/OS... Others don't have this problem so it is not in the Program :(

I agree, it would be a pain to do that, but if you have faithfully followed all of the instructions that is all that is left.

Of course I do not know all there is to know :lol: You can open a ticket with Support and they might know of something I have overlooked!

If so, please let us know.