Toast 11.0.2 Update Fails

musos

Question

I read that there was an update to Toast 11, so I opened Toast and chose Help -> Check for updates.

I got an option to download 11.0.2 which I accepted.

When the download was complete, I clicked on the button to Install, but the install failed, with an alert to contact Support.

I thought I'd ask here first....

I haven't moved or renamed the installation folder, but I did change permissions as Toast wouldn't install at all into the folder that was created. I added Admin permissions and then the installer worked.

Any suggestions on how to update...?

PS

The Roxio website doesn't seem to have a webpage yet for v11.x updates, so I can't download a standalone installer.

Edited by musos

3 answers to this question

Thanks for that link - much appreciated! Worked fine....

However:

The update installer from within Toast was only 89 MB whereas the full package you linked to is almost 400 MB.

Hopefully Roxio can sort out whatever problem is occurring.

Thanks for that link - much appreciated! Worked fine....

However:

The update installer from within Toast was only 89 MB whereas the full package you linked to is almost 400 MB.

Hopefully Roxio can sort out whatever problem is occurring.

The full package you must be referring to is the Toast 11 Pro package. The one you download from the software updates page does not include the Blu-ray plugin or any of the 3rd party applications included with the Pro download. You shouldn't need to install the Blu-ray plugin again and the other application installers don't place their apps in the Toast 11 folder, so running the newly downloaded installer shouldn't be any problem even for those who bought the Pro version.