pndmt

Create Dvd Instead Of Vcd

Question

When I start a new DVD project, the only option I am given is for a VCD. How can I select a DVD as the project type?

Roxio Creator Starter 12.1

10 answers to this question

When I start a new DVD project, the only option I am given is for a VCD. How can I select a DVD as the project type?

If this came pre-installed on your Dell computer.check with Dell, they provide ALL support for THEIR OEM version.

Edited by ogdens

As ogdens says, you have an OEM version which means that it is crippled and many features missing or disabled. Where did you get it?

You will propably have to buy the full retail version if you want to create DVDs.

Also check to see if you have a DVD burner. Which model (complete model number) do you have?

Also check to see if you have a DVD burner. Which model (complete model number) do you have?

Dell Vostro 3450 purchased new from Dell in April. I can burn DVDs from the Microsoft utilities, so the DVD burner is working. The drive is a "TSSTcorp DVD +-RW TSL633J"

Dell Vostro 3450 purchased new from Dell in April. I can burn DVDs from the Microsoft utilities, so the DVD burner is working. The drive is a "TSSTcorp DVD +-RW TSL633J"

Did the software come with the computer?

I have the same burner but different software came with my laptop.

Can you burn DVDs with the other software that came with it?

What application within the Roxio program are you trying to burn a DVD? More information please so we don't have to guess. As stated above, what you have is a OEM cut down version of Creator 2010 but we don't know how cut down. Please post a screen capture of your Home page that lists the applications.

I have the same burner but different software came with my laptop.

Can you burn DVDs with the other software that came with it?

What application within the Roxio program are you trying to burn a DVD? More information please so we don't have to guess. As stated above, what you have is a OEM cut down version of Creator 2010 but we don't know how cut down. Please post a screen capture of your Home page that lists the applications.

Screen1.jpg shows the opening screen of the program, Roxio Creator Starter, which shipped with the computer. I click on "Create DVDs" at the top right, which goes straight to screen2.jpg, MyDVD Express. There is a selection at top left for "Disc format." The only available option is as shown, "VCD." Presumably "DVD" should also be an option, but it's not there.

The "Burn Data Disc" option from screen1.jpg allows burning a data DVD. It seems to be only the video DVD option that is not working.

post-95189-018784100 1305552403.jpg

post-95189-023514200 1305552417.jpg

Screen1.jpg shows the opening screen of the program, Roxio Creator Starter, which shipped with the computer. I click on "Create DVDs" at the top right, which goes straight to screen2.jpg, MyDVD Express. There is a selection at top left for "Disc format." The only available option is as shown, "VCD." Presumably "DVD" should also be an option, but it's not there.

The "Burn Data Disc" option from screen1.jpg allows burning a data DVD. It seems to be only the video DVD option that is not working.

Check with Dell to see if THEIR oem version has that feature.

It appears you have a very crippled, limted version of the full program. You will not be able to burn any video DVDs despite what the menu says about "create DVDs". Complain to Dell about this misleading menu!

It appears you have a very crippled, limted version of the full program. You will not be able to burn any video DVDs despite what the menu says about "create DVDs". Complain to Dell about this misleading menu!

Thanks for your help. I will take it up with Dell.