• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

cynrtst

Cannot open Templates (.jwp files)

Question

I have installed the Hotfix for Label printing.

I have exhausted the Knowledge Base and all discussion threads.

I have just purchased Creator 8 and am unable to print labels for CD's. When I installed the Hotfix, I opened the Commercial label option in Printing a label and found only the selections for A4 pages, NO other options.

I have searched the data folder on my hard drive and found Memorex Disc.jwp but when I try to get Label Creator to open this file it says it is unable to do so. The paper I want to use is the off-set two label up Memorex CD label stickers. How do I get the Label Creator to print in the style I want?

Unfortunately when I loaded this new program I removed all parts of Roxio Media Creator 6 and since the reason I purchased 8 is because I couldn't find my Product disc I can't reload Label Creator 6 again.

Why isn't there a REAL fix for this and why won't Support do anything about this?

3 answers to this question

I have installed the Hotfix for Label printing. I have exhausted the Knowledge Base and all discussion threads. I have just purchased Creator 8 and am unable to print labels for CD's. When I installed the Hotfix, I opened the Commercial label option in Printing a label and found only the selections for A4 pages, NO other options. I have searched the data folder on my hard drive and found Memorex Disc.jwp but when I try to get Label Creator to open this file it says it is unable to do so. The paper I want to use is the off-set two label up Memorex CD label stickers. How do I get the Label Creator to print in the style I want? Unfortunately when I loaded this new program I removed all parts of Roxio Media Creator 6 and since the reason I purchased 8 is because I couldn't find my Product disc I can't reload Label Creator 6 again. Why isn't there a REAL fix for this and why won't Support do anything about this?

There was a bit if rambling in your post so I'm not real sure that you can't print any labels or those from Label Creator 6 or just a particular paper format. Please clarify.

Did you load the V 8 content disc? I'm not sure there is anything on it for Label Creator but there may be.

I hope you are not using the light version. In the version that opens from the home menu, go to page set up and click on the down arrow to the right of the paper type - select commercial. the go to the next line (where you see A4) and click on the down arrow to the right of that so see the selections). If you can't see the down arrowheads, reset you display to normal text (96dpi). If it set wrong, you will not see the arrows. Make sure you screen resolution is set to the requirements of this program (1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card. 24-bit or 32-bit true color recommended and that you have the latest version of DirectX 9© loaded.

If all of the above is set correctly, have you tried a Windows>Contol Panel> add/remove programs> repair ?

LC 6 labels are not compatible with other versions so you may be out of luck. How many label templates do you have ? Most people do not have a lot of labels that they need to reprint time and time again so you probably will be out of luck on getting the LC 6 labels printed. :) and probably less chance that Roxio will do a fix for that program. Have you talked to Roxio directly?

Edited by sknis

The hotfix is not intended for printing EMC 6 labels in EMC 8... so I don't believe it applies...