• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2010 Roxio Pro - Burning Problem -

Peggysue

Question

Please help! I can't believe i am still using this program, I have the Creator Roxio Pro 2010. I have used Roxio for years. With everyone of them, there is problems. I was having problem burning project but finally got that worked out. My slideshow is perfect. I burned it - great - it burned fine. YaHoo....I playbacked video on dvd player and there are about 10-15 pictures that are black. I went back and checked the pictures to see if they were jpeg and they were. Then i made a few changes and burned again. I Watched the new video and now different pictures are black. I burned on High Quality. My son checked out my computer and said the computer is fine that it's the program. Do you have any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

Please help! I can't believe i am still using this program, I have the Creator Roxio Pro 2010. I have used Roxio for years. With everyone of them, there is problems. I was having problem burning project but finally got that worked out. My slideshow is perfect. I burned it - great - it burned fine. YaHoo....I playbacked video on dvd player and there are about 10-15 pictures that are black. I went back and checked the pictures to see if they were jpeg and they were. Then i made a few changes and burned again. I Watched the new video and now different pictures are black. I burned on High Quality. My son checked out my computer and said the computer is fine that it's the program. Do you have any suggestions?

Most probable:

You computer is probably fine for most things but it cannot keep up with the encoding and the burning at the same time. This is seen with marginal computers or with computers that are running a lot of programs in the back ground.

From MyDVD, select to burn (encode ) to an ISO file or to a folder set. Once that completes, use the free VLC to play the ISO file. If all the images are there and the rest of the project looks OK, then burn the ISO to a disc using the application on the home page.

• Like 1

Thank you for your fast response. Unforturnately, I tried burning to an ISO file and I tried burning to a folder set. While it was burning, the pictures were still blank. I restarted the computer and played around in the slideshow a little and went to try it again. I thought it worked because the pictures that were missing were there and so i continued to watch the video but then other pictures were blank (blacked out). Not sure what the VLC is unless its like WMP. Any other suggestions. Please let me know. I needed this slideshow yestereday and i have 2 more slideshows to do within the next week so i am really desperate...Do you know of another slideshow program that is similar but without all the problems.

Thank you for your fast response. Unforturnately, I tried burning to an ISO file and I tried burning to a folder set. While it was burning, the pictures were still blank. I restarted the computer and played around in the slideshow a little and went to try it again. I thought it worked because the pictures that were missing were there and so i continued to watch the video but then other pictures were blank (blacked out). Not sure what the VLC is unless its like WMP. Any other suggestions. Please let me know. I needed this slideshow yestereday and i have 2 more slideshows to do within the next week so i am really desperate...Do you know of another slideshow program that is similar but without all the problems.

What application are you using from the Creator 2010 Pro suite to make and burn your slide show?

Are you using any transitions in your project? Have your tried a different render setting (under Tools/Options)? How long in time is your slideshow?

With the VLC program you can play the iso file (which WMP cannot).

The fact that your son checked your computer means nothing. Please tell us your system specs.

What application are you using from the Creator 2010 Pro suite to make and burn your slide show?

I start off using roxio slideshow assistant (i am using still pictures only - in this slideshow) and then go to edit in videowave and finish off with sending to My DVD. It turns out great when i watch it. It is just when i burn it - There are pictures missing.

Are you using any transitions in your project? Have your tried a different render setting (under Tools/Options)? How long in time is your slideshow?

With the VLC program you can play the iso file (which WMP cannot).

The fact that your son checked your computer means nothing. Please tell us your system specs.

Yes i am using transitions. My slideshow is about 18 mins. I have not tried a different render setting. I opened it up but not sure what to change it to. My processor is Intel® Core2Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz, Memor 4. GB, 32-bit operating system and Windows 7 professional...

Edited by Peggysue

Yes i am using transitions. My slideshow is about 18 mins. I have not tried a different render setting. I opened it up but not sure what to change it to. My processor is Intel® Core™2Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz, Memor 4. GB, 32-bit operating system and Windows 7 professional...

There are only 2 render settings: software or hardware. Try both.

I've used Roxio products for many DVD productions for several years now with great success, but I myself had the same problem happen just a few weeks ago for the first time. I recently purchased a new computer and in my enthusiasm for making a video on it, neglected to follow a pattern I've always done in the past. When I corrected my error, my DVD production burned perfectly with no black images.

My usual way of working is to ensure that the file in which I'm saving my Roxio DVD production, also houses all my photographs, music, sound effects, etc., that I'm using in my production. That way, when Roxio burns it to DVD, it's pulling all my materials from the same folder in which the production is housed, and not from multiple locations. This is where I erred this last time. I had things in multiple locations.

Also, since I take my photographs on a Canon Rebel at the largest size possible, for DVD production work, one additional step I take is to batch resize the photos I'm using for production down to 1,000 pixels wide at 72 dpi. This certainly reduces the size of the production, and I feel helps in the burning process as well.

This reply is now several months after your first inquiry, but perhaps this might be helpful. Good luck!

Hi Peggy Sue,

I've been using Roxio products since 2006 and it doesn't matter which generation you have, this is always a problem...

I'm running Windows 7 with the fastest graphics, 16 gigs ram 64 bit Operating System and Intel Core 3.4 ghz processor and I don't have time for setbacks...

Here is how I've solved the problem and what I found caused it in the first place...

For slideshows, load all of your images as you did in videowave advanced editing... do all of your fancy pan and zooms BEFORE adding any transitions.

Save the project.

Re-Open the project and now add the transitions... transitions alter the slideshow length if they overlap, so now add your music and sound effects with the new timeline.

Save the project and select your Output settings. Watch the small screen as Output settings are adapted and the preview shows... all should be good.

I do all of mine in HD and they average 35 minutes. Some computers will bog down in HD, so you can try MPEG 2 for DVD and see if that goes smoother...

IF, you go back in and add some pan and zoom to an image, you possibly experience the black images again.

This is the fix if you go back and do more transitions...

Under Transition Theme..... choose none and allow all transitions to delete, then go back to transition theme and add the transitions back.

Re-Save and Re-do the Output settings.

It works... good luck to you! OH and for burning, I always select a slower burn than the disc allows... for example, if it allows 20x, I select 16 or 12x, and have never had a bad disc burn... I used to lose a couple at max burn rates...

Did you notice that you were replying to a year old thread what no one else has replied to since last November. The OP has not been around since she first posted the question and it was answered.

We appreciate the suggestions and tips but they may be missed in this old thread. Why don't you start your own thread with your tips and tricks in the appropriate forum for your software version. I'm sure it will be appreciated. :) You can add more as you think of them.