• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Getting The Rebate

kharisma

Question

I was ostensibly granted the rebate, and they sent a cheque, but because it is (for me) a foreign cheque, by the time my bank charged fees for processing, it would have taken most of the money anyway.

So I entered a support ticket, asking Roxio to pay my paypal account.

After being ignored for two days, they have now told me

"we don't handled (sic) any details regarding the rebate

Have you tried our self-serve tools? For instant support, please try on of the tools below:

Roxio Knowledgebase - http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx

Discussion Groups - https://forums.support.roxio.com/"

It says on this forum to use the ticket system.

The ticket staff say to use this forum!

They also said to try the phone number, but won't provide the country and area code.

Here in Australia, if we have overseas customers, we provide those details so that people don't have to hunt around the internet for it.

I have read a number of posts on the net saying that Roxio (and others) do their best not to actually pay the rebate.

Technically, they have given it to me. In practice, they have not, and are now passing me from one department to another.

***Does someone here know the full telephone number for these people?

Toronto has 2 area codes, so I don't know which one applies, and I am getting tired of trying different combinations of country and area codes trying to get through. Not to mention the fact that for me, this is the middle of the night.

7 answers to this question

For that matter, they keep asking about tracking numbers, and I was never sent one.

I have searched all emails from Roxio, and I can't find one anywhere.

I've now been told by the unhelpful people at RebateHQ that they only provide rebates for the US.

Just why are overseas people treated like third class citizens?

I think I 'll just cash that cheque anyway, because at least I'll gets a few cents out of it, and that way Roxio will have still "paid".

For that matter, they keep asking about tracking numbers, and I was never sent one.

I have searched all emails from Roxio, and I can't find one anywhere.

I've now been told by the unhelpful people at RebateHQ that they only provide rebates for the US.

Just why are overseas people treated like third class citizens?

I think I 'll just cash that cheque anyway, because at least I'll gets a few cents out of it, and that way Roxio will have still "paid".

HI Kharisma,

I'll look up your ticket info and have you escalated to sort all this out. Sorry for the confusion.

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

What is the country code and area code for Roxio in Toronto?

I've tried calling from Australia, using different codes that seemed to be right, but cannot get the right combination.

I have been putting my exit code on first.

Try this http://www.countrycodes.com/areacodes/call_canada.htm

In general, 0011-1-416-xxxxxxx for Toronto area from Australia,

where 0011 is the exit code for international calls,

where 1 is the country code for Canada (also for the US, and a few other countries),

where 416 is the area code for Toronto.

There is more than 416 in Toronto. Give me the the number you are calling in Toronto......416 xxx-xxxxx .

I am not aware of any Roxio presence in Toronto.