Permissiontolaunch Failed

AKAHarry

Question

I just (stupidly?) paid $69 for Roxio Creator 2011 and after downloading and installing it, whenever I start up MyDVD, all I get is a dialog box saying ERROR: PermissionToLaunch Failed

WTF. Please help

If I start up Roxio Creator 2011, I get nothing

If I start up PhotoSuite 13, I get a dialog box "PhotoSuite 13 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem"

Running on Windows XP all service packs and updates install.

Thanks

Paul

3 answers to this question

Well, I just spent the last 3 hours and carefully followed the suggested steps exactly........

And........

The exact same problems!!!!! Still does not work!!!

Any other suggestions?

If I may but in here. It was a bad install and very likely a very bad install. You can follow Roxio uninstall procedure or , for a short cut, try uninstalling the program using the FREE Revo Uninstaller using the Moderate Mode. It will use the built in uninstaller and then remove the registry items that are safe to remove with your permission. You can download and read about it at cnet.com.

If that doesn't work for you, then you have to use the full uninstaller. procedure.

Yep those anti-virus programs and registry cleaners wreak havoc with some programs.:(