• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bad Installation With Vhs To Dvd I Think

rickluc

Question

In Roxio VHS to DVD when I clicked on update I got the message;

Software Manager

Available Software Updates

The following updates are available on the internet.

The Software Manager does not recognize this product. Please contact your software vender for updates to this product. Error 13001; Product Not Registered with the FLEXnet Connect.

About window

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD

Build; 201B23A, VHS

Also says further down the window

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD (Build 201B23A ENU)

I closed out the update window and then clicked on update again and got this message this time

The Software Manager did not find updates for your application

Different conflict

When I have Roxio VHS to DVD open and click on the import video, it takes me to Roxio video folder that has the video I downloaded today from my analog camcorder. If I watch this video in the video folder it plays fine. If I click on this file to import into Roxio VHS to DVD, I get error message as follows;

An unknown error occurred. The application will shut down now. Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Then I have the opportunity to click OK. Then it says Roxio has stopped working. Opportunity to click Close Program, then all shuts down.

Also three times now after I click on the icon to open Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. It opens the Rioxo window where you can see the DVD symbol and the Edit symbol on the main screen. But an Error window comes in on top the says; Rioxo has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. I have the option to click either debug or Close Program. Either option will completely close the program. Now the next time I click to open Roxio it will open fine and work fine. What goes there.

I’m running Windows 7 and just installed this program Friday or Saturday. I did all that the preinstall posts said except to uninstall my program Roxio Easy DVD Copy Premier. And also there is a program Roxio Venue that I didn’t see in control panel programs folder. I would like to know how to completely remove it, I don’t want it on my computer.

Hope this isn’t too much to sort out in one message! Please help Thanks

23 answers to this question

There is NO update for the 201B at this time.

As to the rest… I looked at your other Topic and have a little concern since you have installed and tried to run 2 different programs on a Win7 PC It is really poor judgement to attempt to run any older software on an OS, unless you CHECK first to see if it has been done :huh:

Aside from that, the normal fix is to do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

At this point, you should be able to remove Roxio Venue.

Give that a try and see how it goes ;)

There is NO update for the 201B at this time.

As to the rest… I looked at your other Topic and have a little concern since you have installed and tried to run 2 different programs on a Win7 PC It is really poor judgement to attempt to run any older software on an OS, unless you CHECK first to see if it has been done :huh:

Aside from that, the normal fix is to do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

At this point, you should be able to remove Roxio Venue.

Give that a try and see how it goes alreadyte]

I used Roxio Easy VHS to DVD this afternoon to move another video off of my analog camcorder, about 1 hour and 53 minutes. All went well. Went into Roxio folder and clicked on the file and Windows Media Player opened it and it replayed fine. If I go into Roxio Easy VHS to DVD program and click on Import vedio and then click on that file to inport, I get that error message again. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I already had Rioxio Easy DVD Copy installed on my computer. I bought and downloaded off of Roxio HomePage. I didn't realize it was an older version. It's version 1.2.204 SP2,1. 5.0.0.0 Build 122B04A DVD 500B39A DVD. Also my Directx is version 11. I performed what you say (Prep Steps)before trying to install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. Thanks

Edited by rickluc

I don’t really understand your post??? :huh:

Did you try what I suggested?

How did it work?

I am confused on what you are saying for me to do. I did the Prep Steps before I installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. I checked and installed all the Windows updates before installing Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. I went into control panel, systems and made sure all my drivers, CD/DVD, Display adapter,Windows Media Player, Directx had the latest updated drivers before I installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. Turned off all the background processes before installing Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. So I'm not understanding what you want me to do. I don't have a Suite. Roxio Easy DVD Copy Premier was allready installed before I attemped to install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. I don't understand how to get to only "pick repair". And how to elimanate Roxio Venue. Thanks

Do the Prep Steps

Run the V2D install, only pick Repair

So you are saying to do the Prep Steps again and put the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD back in the cd drive and when a screen opens to install there will be an option to click "repair" ?

Might add here that used Roxio Easy VHS to DVD again last night and it let me move another family clip from my analog camcorder. But when I got done I clicked to import video and got that error message again. Thanks

So you are saying to do the Prep Steps again and put the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD back in the cd drive and when a screen opens to install there will be an option to click "repair" ?

Might add here that used Roxio Easy VHS to DVD again last night and it let me move another family clip from my analog camcorder. But when I got done I clicked to import video and got that error message again. Thanks

Did what you said about Prep Steps and putting in CD and choosing repair instead of installing. Now I've started the program 6 times and 5 out of the 6 it gives me the error message that Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working. Gives button at bottom to debug or close program, either button will shut the program down. The one time that it did start right I tryed the import video and it took me to the Roxio folder that held the video's I have imported from my analog camcoder. But when I click on one of them to import I get the error message again. Now what? Thanks

Did what you said about Prep Steps and putting in CD and choosing repair instead of installing. Now I've started the program 6 times and 5 out of the 6 it gives me the error message that Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working. Gives button at bottom to debug or close program, either button will shut the program down. The one time that it did start right I tryed the import video and it took me to the Roxio folder that held the video's I have imported from my analog camcoder. But when I click on one of them to import I get the error message again. Now what? Thanks

What I did this morning was go into Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and clicked on file then preferences and removed the check mark from "Check for updates at start of application". Started Roxio 4 times and it stared fine all 4 times. Still couldn't inport vedio from button on lower right hand corner. Thanks

What you do, is repeat Post #2 :huh:

Some users have reported that they needed to do it 3 times...

Also to rule out a corruption in the files you have, capture a NEW one and try it!

Keep it simple, just a 10 second to 1 minute cap is all you need ;)

OK Will try that tonight. The only concern I have is in Post #2 you stated I would have an option to remove Roxio Venue. When I did the repair option the other day I don't remember haveing a chance to remove Roxio Venue. Thanks

No, what I said was that after the Prep Steps, you could remove Venue. You remove it like you do every program, throught the Control Panel. ;)

I'm not at home now but I sure it doesn't show up in my control panel programs folder. Thats what surprised me when I was in there performing Post #2.

I don’t really think you should be losing any sleep over Venue… ;)

Ran repair 3 times and still had same problems. SOME of the times when I open Roxio Easy VHS to DVD I get the message "has stopped working". It gives me the option to click on Debug or close program. Doesn't matter which button I click it will close Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. Or I can grap the window and drag it off to the side and Roxio Easy VHS to DVD will import video from my camcorder just fine. It will still not import any videos from my hard drive using the import button. Some of the times when I open Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, I wont get a error window and it starts fine. Still can't use the import button tho. I get the error message window "An unknown error occurred. The application will shut down now. Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation".

I uninstall Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and reinstalled everything. Same problem.

Man so frustrating! Help Thanks

Your getting down to 'Format c:\' :lol:

I don't understand what you are saying.

Another thing I just notice is that when I hold my mouse over the import video button it says to import .mpeg files. The video's I imported thru the a/d adapter are .mpg files.

Edited by rickluc

I don't understand what you are saying.

Another thing I just notice is that when I hold my mouse over the import video button it says to import .mpeg files. The video's I imported thru the a/d adapter are .mpg files.

Nether discussion groups or technical support could help me on my problem. So I went out and purchased the Creator 2011. I want to remove all the other sonic and roxio products on my computer. I know how to go into control panel, programs and remove the software that way. I thought I read some where in these discussions groups a PINNED message of how to go into my registry and remove everything to get a clean install. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Nether discussion groups or technical support could help me on my problem. So I went out and purchased the Creator 2011. I want to remove all the other sonic and roxio products on my computer. I know how to go into control panel, programs and remove the software that way. I thought I read some where in these discussions groups a PINNED message of how to go into my registry and remove everything to get a clean install. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks

In my signature, by version number and operating systems.

Click on one of the links in cdanteek's signature: # 11-15, pick the one that applies to your operating system and program

OK I got everything removed that had any association with Roxio and Sonic.I THINK. Found some other ffolders that wasn't mentioned in the before message. I want to know before I install Creator 2011 what to do with the downloaded software zipped file Roxio C2009 USB Capture driver. I removed the driver that installed with Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. When do I install it or do I? Thanks

OK I got everything removed that had any association with Roxio and Sonic.I THINK. Found some other ffolders that wasn't mentioned in the before message. I want to know before I install Creator 2011 what to do with the downloaded software zipped file Roxio C2009 USB Capture driver. I removed the driver that installed with Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. When do I install it or do I? Thanks

Please don't run two threads on the same subject at the same time. That causes confusion on both your and our parts.