• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

cate

Videowave Can't Find New Audio

Question

I'm in the middle of a VideoWave project. I decided that the music already on my hard drive wasn't adequate, so I downloaded other music. Now when I tell VideoWave I want to add music from my files it doesn't pick up the new music. Short of starting the project over, what can I do? Is there some sort of refresh?

8 answers to this question

I'm in the middle of a VideoWave project. I decided that the music already on my hard drive wasn't adequate, so I downloaded other music. Now when I tell VideoWave I want to add music from my files it doesn't pick up the new music. Short of starting the project over, what can I do? Is there some sort of refresh?

Cate, If it DRM protected music it will not add to your production. Itunes has 2 levels of music use. The cheaper version cannot be added where the more expensive one can. Which did you rent/buy for your use? I buy my mp3 files from a different company and do not have a problem. Where did you buy your music?

Cate, If it DRM protected music it will not add to your production. Itunes has 2 levels of music use. The cheaper version cannot be added where the more expensive one can. Which did you rent/buy for your use? I buy my mp3 files from a different company and do not have a problem. Where did you buy your music?

I actually downloaded free music (African music to accompany a DVD of an African trip I took recently). But, I figured a way around it. I copied the music to a thumb drive and from there I was able to get it into my production so there can't be anything wrong with the music. Still, thanks for your concern. Somehow it seems to me that Roxio locks in files where it finds them originally and can't find them if you move them during a production.

Thanks for your concern.

I actually downloaded free music (African music to accompany a DVD of an African trip I took recently). But, I figured a way around it. I copied the music to a thumb drive and from there I was able to get it into my production so there can't be anything wrong with the music. Still, thanks for your concern. Somehow it seems to me that Roxio locks in files where it finds them originally and can't find them if you move them during a production.

Thanks for your concern.

Try converting the mp3 file to a wav file and then use that in the production. Sometimes the mp3 file properties are such that Roxio doesn't like it.

Thanks for your concern.

Of course Roxio can't find any source files you use in a production if you move them. This will be true for any program. If you move files then you just have to reconnect them.

Try converting the mp3 file to a wav file and then use that in the production. Sometimes the mp3 file properties are such that Roxio doesn't like it.

Thanx

Edited by sknis
Edited to take replay out of quote.

Thanx

I edit your post to make the Thanks more visible. Did you fix your issue?

I edit your post to make the Thanks more visible. Did you fix your issue?

Yes, thanks for your interest.

When replying to a post:

-click the reply icon

-add your text after the quoted text.

Do not type into the quoted text other wise your post will look like nothing has been added and those "orphaned" post are often deleted.