Webcam And Notebooks

peter99

Question

I have a Humax sat receiver / HD recorder which has both High Def and conventional stereo and composite video output sockets.

Therefore I have a video output which is connected into the VHS / DVD USB interface.

I am using an ASUS notebook running XP (no CD reader) therefore loaded the software via my system PC to copy software onto a USB memory stick which loaded no problem.

When I select either Transfer VHS tape or Transfer multiple video the next screen appears but instead of the output from the Humax I get the webcam system activated and then my webcam picture, not the video from the Humax. I get the audio though.

Just to check I then fed the converter with video from my digital camera which has a composite TV output. Again no joy when the program is selected the web cam turns on and I get the camera image not the digitally converted output from the camera via the USB. I confirmed the camera output was running by feeding the composite direct into the tv and as expected "images".

It seems that when the software is activated it turns on the webcam and there is no way of turning the feature off in XP (or it seems to me ) The software prefers the webcam to the digital input.

I have downloaded the 7.03 zip and installed that as advised on the web, but again no joy. I get the audio but the webcam is activated, no incoming composite.

1 answer to this question

I have a Humax sat receiver / HD recorder which has both High Def and conventional stereo and composite video output sockets.

Therefore I have a video output which is connected into the VHS / DVD USB interface.

I am using an ASUS notebook running XP (no CD reader) therefore loaded the software via my system PC to copy software onto a USB memory stick which loaded no problem.

When I select either Transfer VHS tape or Transfer multiple video the next screen appears but instead of the output from the Humax I get the webcam system activated and then my webcam picture, not the video from the Humax. I get the audio though.

Just to check I then fed the converter with video from my digital camera which has a composite TV output. Again no joy when the program is selected the web cam turns on and I get the camera image not the digitally converted output from the camera via the USB. I confirmed the camera output was running by feeding the composite direct into the tv and as expected "images".

It seems that when the software is activated it turns on the webcam and there is no way of turning the feature off in XP (or it seems to me ) The software prefers the webcam to the digital input.

I have downloaded the 7.03 zip and installed that as advised on the web, but again no joy. I get the audio but the webcam is activated, no incoming composite.

You have to disable the webcam!

I have no idea what a "7.03 zip" is.