Trouble with menus

RPK

Question

I am a new Roxio user, and I purchased EMC 8 Deluxe Suite recently. I have been trying to create a simple movie with one menu. In the menu screen, I am able to enter text under the button, but I cannot see the text on the screen. If I change the color, it changes the color of the background, and the entire text area appears as a rectangular block filled with the color chosen. Why isn't there a simple way to set the font color? More settings button does not seem to have any feature which will help me. (The text at the top of the page which appears as title to the menu page, I figured out how to make that visible - the "more settings" button in that case has items which will make the text visible)

I have been trying this for several days, and I am frustrated. Can anyone help?

Thanks

RPK

5 answers to this question

Highlight your text and click on the color box above the preview. You can choose a custom color by choosing MORE COLORS. If you would like to match a color in the background, use the Eye dropper and click on the color in the background. If this does not work for you, then you probably have a hardware compatiblity issue.

In your other post, you mention that you are using a laptop. Most laptops have video chipsets that do not fully support DirectX. Make sure you have the latest drivers and DirectX may help some.

I was doing exactly as you said in your post, and still all I could see was a rectangular block of color. But, as per your advise I downloaded the latest Direct X and installed it, and that seems to have done the trick! Now I can see and change the font color of the menus! I had also changed the rendering to software rendering (it was set at hardware) - so may be it is a combination of both these that worked ?! In any case, thank you for the advise; you have made my day

Thanks

RPK

I was doing exactly as you said in your post, and still all I could see was a rectangular block of color. But, as per your advise I downloaded the latest Direct X and installed it, and that seems to have done the trick! Now I can see and change the font color of the menus! I had also changed the rendering to software rendering (it was set at hardware) - so may be it is a combination of both these that worked ?! In any case, thank you for the advise; you have made my day

Thanks

RPK

Run the graphics test to see whether you can set to hardware rendering. It will give you more transnitions etc, which are not available with software rendering.

I am a new Roxio user, and I purchased EMC 8 Deluxe Suite recently. I have been trying to create a simple movie with one menu. In the menu screen, I am able to enter text under the button, but I cannot see the text on the screen. If I change the color, it changes the color of the background, and the entire text area appears as a rectangular block filled with the color chosen. Why isn't there a simple way to set the font color? More settings button does not seem to have any feature which will help me. (The text at the top of the page which appears as title to the menu page, I figured out how to make that visible - the "more settings" button in that case has items which will make the text visible) I have been trying this for several days, and I am frustrated. Can anyone help?

Thanks

RPK

One other person described the same symptoms but I don't remember if she was able to fix it. This program hands off a lot of video processing to the video card/chips so having the drivers up to date is a must. As in the other post, make sure that you are set to software render (MyDVD>tools> options); Run the test. The dot will move if the chip will handle hardware render; it will be by software render if that's the best your computer will do.

Why isn't there a simple way to set the font color?
Highlight your text and click on the color box above the preview. You can choose a custom color by choosing MORE COLORS. If you would like to match a color in the background, use the Eye dropper and click on the color in the background. If this does not work for you, then you probably have a hardware compatiblity issue.

In your other post, you mention that you are using a laptop. Most laptops have video chipsets that do not fully support DirectX. Make sure you have the latest drivers and DirectX may help some.

post-49-1154266326.jpg

Archived