• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying To Make A Copy Of A Bootable Disk Image

MacGoddess

Question

It used to be Toast could easily make a copy of a bootable CD or DVD, but I recently burned 2 different disk images in Toast 11 using the Copy/Image and neither burned DVD would boot. When I use Startup Disk in System Preferences, the DVDs show up but there is a message that says something like "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk."

I was able to use Disk Utility to burn both disk images and then boot from each one without any problem.

I am running Snow Leopard, 10.6.7 on a MacPro. I have Toast 11.0.2.

I remember years ago when I first started using Toast, you had to do something special to get a bootable disc to burn properly but then that went away and all I had to do was just make a copy. Is there something new I need to do now?

3 answers to this question

Lots of forum posts all over the internet refer to Disk Utility for making Mac OS X bootable disc copies, while mentioning Toast is unable to make those kind of discs.

I couldn't find exactly what makes an OS X disc bootable, or what is so special about it.

Thanks for that information. I have used Toast for years and in the past there was never any problem making bootable copies of discs, but apparently there is now. Very odd. I guess I will just have to remember to use Disk Utility.