• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menus Blank

davidcc1

Question

Hello,

When I launch Toast 10 to burn an Audio CD, all the options are blank. For example, under the Audio section, I do not see Audio CD, Music CD, MP3 Disc and Enhanced Audio CD. All I get are blank boxes, but I can read the description when I click on the "i" symbol.

I do not have this issue with Toast 9. Can someone help me?

Thanks,

David

8 answers to this question

Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.

Thanks for helping. Trashed the plist and preference file and relaunched. Same thing. Maybe I am trashing the wrong files. Can you let me the know the exact names of the files?

Thanks for helping. Trashed the plist and preference file and relaunched. Same thing. Maybe I am trashing the wrong files. Can you let me the know the exact names of the files?

I followed Roxio's instructions on completely uninstalling Toast 10 and re-installed Toast 10 and the same thing. I still have Toast 9 which works, so I guess I should be happy.

I followed Roxio's instructions on completely uninstalling Toast 10 and re-installed Toast 10 and the same thing. I still have Toast 9 which works, so I guess I should be happy.

You've certainly provided a challenging issue. The only thing I can think of is a problem with the font. I'm not certain which font it is but I think it is Arial Narrow. Open Font Book, select that font and choose "Validate Font" from Font Book's file menu. If it has warnings that indicates a problem font. I have duplicates of that font on my MacBook Pro so I chose "Select Duplicate Fonts" from the Edit menu and then chose "Resolve Duplicates". Font Book disabled the duplicates of Arial Narrow. When I chose Validate Font it reported that the version it disabled had some problems. However, my text always appeared in the Toast window so I'm just speculating that it could be a font issue for you.

You've certainly provided a challenging issue. The only thing I can think of is a problem with the font. I'm not certain which font it is but I think it is Arial Narrow. Open Font Book, select that font and choose "Validate Font" from Font Book's file menu. If it has warnings that indicates a problem font. I have duplicates of that font on my MacBook Pro so I chose "Select Duplicate Fonts" from the Edit menu and then chose "Resolve Duplicates". Font Book disabled the duplicates of Arial Narrow. When I chose Validate Font it reported that the version it disabled had some problems. However, my text always appeared in the Toast window so I'm just speculating that it could be a font issue for you.

Thanks for your continued support. I used Font Doctor X to clean all cashed font files and Arial Narrow is working well with Illustrator, Freehand and other Programs. Maybe I should reinstall from the actual DVD that came in the box and see what happens.

Thanks for your continued support. I used Font Doctor X to clean all cashed font files and Arial Narrow is working well with Illustrator, Freehand and other Programs. Maybe I should reinstall from the actual DVD that came in the box and see what happens.

I would reinstall from the download available in the Software Updates page. I can't see any advantage in using the boxed version.

I would reinstall from the download available in the Software Updates page. I can't see any advantage in using the boxed version.

Did that and still the same thing. I have given up and will use Toast 9 instead. Thanks for trying, much appreciated.