• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Import From Flip Camera

mirandajo2

Question

13 answers to this question

I imported the video from the flip with the video import. Now what? there is no option of what to do with it. Can someone guide me in the right direction on what to do? Any help would be great!

I tried this but it says "The file you are trying to use cannot be edited, and has not been added" So Im stuck!

Try Door Number Two, Create Video with MyDVD Express ;)

post-39730-068729900 1306578687.jpg

also, when I do get some different videos on there I cant seem to preview them or get it to hold more than 4 short clips, what the heck am I doing wrong. This is not as user friendly as I had hoped.

Maybe it has everything to do with the files you are attempting to use??? :huh:

If some load and others do not it is not a Software issue.

There are many variations within some formats that are not acceptable... Just because it says "AVI" does not mean it will work.

Describe the files in detail as well as where they came from.

That way we might be able to offer a solution through converting them into an acceptable format ;)

Maybe it has everything to do with the files you are attempting to use??? :huh:

If some load and others do not it is not a Software issue.

There are many variations within some formats that are not acceptable... Just because it says "AVI" does not mean it will work.

Describe the files in detail as well as where they came from.

That way we might be able to offer a solution through converting them into an acceptable format ;)

Im really confused. These videos all came from my flip. I guess they need to be converted first before they download? I think they are in mp4 format. Which the flip software does convert but then I cant open that file from roxio. I have tried uploading directly from my flip into roxio, which it does but then says cant edit so its not added. Even the ones I did manage to upload I cant preview and it only has 4 at a time. I am so confused!

They are HD and have to be converted into SD format.

See if your Flip Software can convert into an mpeg2, 720 X 480 then try those files.

If not, if you search for free converter you can’t help but stumble across 10,000 or so that will do it :lol:

Give it a try and let us know what you find ;)

I tried a converter. Everything seemed to be okay. When I added the movie it said some would be silent because of some reason which I dont get, the videos are all from the same place and in the same format. I burned it anyway but it doesnt play. This is really frustrating. I know just enough about computers to get me in trouble but not enogh to understand or get what I want!

cd is correct on the AC3 Audio!

If you get this message when you attempt to add your clip, there will be NO Audio:

post-39730-087510700 1307622310.jpg

But that is what you can fix during the conversion by setting output audio of the clip to mpeg ;)

However, there is another twist to this and that is output audio format…

If you add the clip OK, meaning you don’t get the AC3 warning message above, then you want to check your Project Properties to make see what the output audio is set to???

post-39730-046193200 1307621918.jpg

The default is LPCM which should make all DVD Players happy :P

You can set it to mpeg-1 but I have never seen anyone who had to do that to get a player to play???

So given the 2 here, which one are you seeing? :huh:

Edited by Jim_Hardin