• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tv Cut Out?

Krazelist

Question

Hi guys,

I have a bit of an issue with the Roxio and my TV. The roxio records to my laptop fine, but every so often on my TV the picture and sound cuts out, shows a blue screen (as if no source) and comes back on after a second or two.

Any suggestions?

9 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I have a bit of an issue with the Roxio and my TV. The roxio records to my laptop fine, but every so often on my TV the picture and sound cuts out, shows a blue screen (as if no source) and comes back on after a second or two.

Any suggestions?

Post your complete computer specs. What else do you have runing during game capture - anti-virus? E-mail? other?

Hi guys,

Any suggestions?

Hi Krazelist,

What´s console??Wht´s resolution used?? Verified cables??

If you can, replace the cables connecting the RGC to TV. Try and reply.

Claudio

Hi Krazelist,

What´s console??Wht´s resolution used?? Verified cables??

If you can, replace the cables connecting the RGC to TV. Try and reply.

Claudio

It's an Xbox 360 S using 1080i. I'm using an official HD component cable to connect the 360 to the RGC, and then the cables supplied with the RGC to connect to the TV.

I've disconnected everything and reconnected the 360 to the TV normally and it is fine. I've switched everything off, reconnected the RGC (360 --> RGC --> TV) and every so often my TV picture cuts out for a second or two and then comes back. I haven't connected the RGC to the laptop and it's still causing the cut outs.

When I did a recording the recording was fine (no cut outs or anything), so is there something wrong with the cables supplied?

Edited by Krazelist

It's an Xbox 360 S using 1080i. I'm using an official HD component cable to connect the 360 to the RGC, and then the cables supplied with the RGC to connect to the TV.

I've disconnected everything and reconnected the 360 to the TV normally and it is fine. I've switched everything off, reconnected the RGC (360 --> RGC --> TV) and every so often my TV picture cuts out for a second or two and then comes back. I haven't connected the RGC to the laptop and it's still causing the cut outs.

When I did a recording the recording was fine (no cut outs or anything), so is there something wrong with the cables supplied?

My suggestions, in order:

- Set your X360 to 480p/720p and test.

- Use another software for preview/recording this.

- Change the RGC component cable for new cable.

Claudio

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! Is it the device or the cables that's the problem? It cannot be the xbox or the laptop as the xbox works fine without the cables/RGC and the problem occurs even when the laptop isn't connected :(

Hi RoflRaptor,

Because th I ask to do the tests before assuming the problem is the RGC hardware.

You can only have a final position to test other cables and, preferably, on another computer.

Claudio

My suggestions, in order:

- Set your X360 to 480p/720p and test.

- Use another software for preview/recording this.

- Change the RGC component cable for new cable.

Claudio

Hi again,

I've done the first two and I'm still getting the cut out. I haven't got another component cable at the moment, so will try to get one.