• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Internet Explorer 9 Conflict

500xl

Question

After using Creator 2009 on my aging Sony VGN-AR825E (still running 32-bit Vista) for over two years, the editing function in Videowave (i.e., 'Trim') recently ceased to work. Since I use Creator chiefly to edit TiVo files and create video_ts folders, the software became essentially worthless overnight. For two weeks, I fiddled with this and that, even doing a clean uninstall/reinstall, but all to no avail. At length, I scanned the list of Microsoft updates to the computer, searching for those that occurred during the narrow time frame (3-4 days) when Creator went haywire. The only item to fall in that time frame was Internet Explorer 9. I uninstalled IE 9, reverting to IE 8, and, voila, problem solved. Sometimes lady luck smiles.

10 answers to this question

After using Creator 2009 on my aging Sony VGN-AR825E (still running 32-bit Vista) for over two years, the editing function in Videowave (i.e., 'Trim') recently ceased to work. Since I use Creator chiefly to edit TiVo files and create video_ts folders, the software became essentially worthless overnight. For two weeks, I fiddled with this and that, even doing a clean uninstall/reinstall, but all to no avail. At length, I scanned the list of Microsoft updates to the computer, searching for those that occurred during the narrow time frame (3-4 days) when Creator went haywire. The only item to fall in that time frame was Internet Explorer 9. I uninstalled IE 9, reverting to IE 8, and, voila, problem solved. Sometimes lady luck smiles.

Thank you for your advice on getting Roxio 2009 working again on my computer. I'm running Windows 7 on a laptop with a 64 bit i5 processor and IE 9 caused all kinds of chaos when using any video program within the Roxio 2009 suite. Thankfully, after reading your suggestion, I removed IE 9 and my problem was solved. Thanks for sharing your solution because it really saved me a lot of time and headache.

Any possibility that someone has tried the same to fix the trim issue in 2011 Pro?

This trim problem is all over the forum - The trim function does not work as it is supposed to on many systems that updated to various versions of IE. ROXIO dosen't have a clue - there customer support is useless. In my case the trim problem was caused by IE9. I actually had IE9 before I purchased Creator 2011. Went back to IE8 and Trim works like it is supposed to.

Respectfully,

Art S.

This trim problem is all over the forum - The trim function does not work as it is supposed to on many systems that updated to various versions of IE. ROXIO dosen't have a clue - there customer support is useless. In my case the trim problem was caused by IE9. I actually had IE9 before I purchased Creator 2011. Went back to IE8 and Trim works like it is supposed to.

Respectfully,

Art S.

This poster blames IE 9.

What he doesn't know is C2009 is not compatible with his Windows 7 OS!

He still blames IE 9.. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your advice on getting Roxio 2009 working again on my computer. I'm running Windows 7 on a laptop with a 64 bit i5 processor and IE 9 caused all kinds of chaos when using any video program within the Roxio 2009 suite. Thankfully, after reading your suggestion, I removed IE 9 and my problem was solved. Thanks for sharing your solution because it really saved me a lot of time and headache.