Can Edit But Not Copy And Convert

tcollicutt

Question

Just bought the program new.

I have a DVD recorder which I use to record TV, and often copy to MP4 for use on my iPod.

I can import the files from the DVD to edit them. But if I use the copy and convert, it immediately crashes.

So, I CAN do what I need to, but the app that seems to be the quickest way doesn't seem to work.

I may have to go back to Corel DVD Copy 6 to convert, and then import to edit if need be.

3 answers to this question

Just bought the program new.

I have a DVD recorder which I use to record TV, and often copy to MP4 for use on my iPod.

I can import the files from the DVD to edit them. But if I use the copy and convert, it immediately crashes.

So, I CAN do what I need to, but the app that seems to be the quickest way doesn't seem to work.

I may have to go back to Corel DVD Copy 6 to convert, and then import to edit if need be.

Before you do that (go to Corel) , add the file to Video Wave (do any editing you want) and then select to output, export as, select all and then select the one that the IPod willl take.

Before you do that (go to Corel) , add the file to Video Wave (do any editing you want) and then select to output, export as, select all and then select the one that the IPod willl take.

That works.

For some reason I can do the convert from DVD to iso and then is to MP4. But if I go directly to MP4, it crashes.

That works.

For some reason I can do the convert from DVD to iso and then is to MP4. But if I go directly to MP4, it crashes.

I've been using this series of programs for many years and I still don't know why somethings work and others do not. I have an idea though - communication !

I'm glad that you have something that works and probably gives you more options.