• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mp3 Files And Photoshow

mlp52

Question

I purchased an album of songs from itunes & tried to use one of the songs in my photoshow. It wouldn't accept it. I did change the format from m4u to mp3, but it still didn't work. I'm using photoshow 6.

Itunes said their music is not locked anymore and the problem is probably on Roxio's side. Also, several other songs weren't accepted. Any suggestions/help/solutions?

thanks

5 answers to this question

I purchased an album of songs from itunes & tried to use one of the songs in my photoshow. It wouldn't accept it. I did change the format from m4u to mp3, but it still didn't work. I'm using photoshow 6.

Itunes said their music is not locked anymore and the problem is probably on Roxio's side. Also, several other songs weren't accepted. Any suggestions/help/solutions?

thanks

Some of their music (where you pay a lower price is still limited in what you can do with them. The versions where you pay a higher price are not locked.

You could try to download a mp3 file from Amazon.com. They have at least one free piece of music each day. Try adding that. If it works, then it narrows it down to protected or a mp3 file that is not accepted by the program. I have not had an issue with mp3 from Amazon and I use them a lot.

Some of their music (where you pay a lower price is still limited in what you can do with them. The versions where you pay a higher price are not locked.

You could try to download a mp3 file from Amazon.com. They have at least one free piece of music each day. Try adding that. If it works, then it narrows it down to protected or a mp3 file that is not accepted by the program. I have not had an issue with mp3 from Amazon and I use them a lot.

I've looked into intunes and they assure me that their songs are unlocked. I tried several songs on photoshow but still nothing doing. In a brief glimpse of a window that popped up, it said something about a script error, but it vanished so quickly if I blinked I would have missed it completely. The first pop up window telling me about the script error only comes up sometimes.

I've looked into intunes and they assure me that their songs are unlocked. I tried several songs on photoshow but still nothing doing. In a brief glimpse of a window that popped up, it said something about a script error, but it vanished so quickly if I blinked I would have missed it completely. The first pop up window telling me about the script error only comes up sometimes.

This is still in the ITunes legal page:

"(vi) iTunes Plus Products do not contain security technology that limits your usage of such Products, and Usage Rules (ii) – (v) do not apply to iTunes Plus Products. You may copy, store, and burn iTunes Plus Products as reasonably necessary for personal, noncommercial use."

Is your album an Itunes plus product?

Did you authorize your computer to play the music via the instructions from iTunes?

Re-download PhotoShow V6from your account page and reinstall over the one you have. See if that makes a difference. Perhaps PhotoShow doesn't yet know that all Itune music is not DRM protected.

Did you try what I suggested using Amazon.com music? That will tell you if it is a DRM issue or a program fault.

If it is true that Itunes music is not protected, then burn the album to a cd and then rip it back to your computer. That should be legal if it is true. Try using that mp3 file.

What are the properties of the mp3 files; not all mp3s are equal.

Please take the time to answer and try each of the above. With the information you posted, it is impossible to guess what causes your problem. You should do so if you really want help; otherwise, call PhotoShow support; it is not the same as Roxio support.

This is still in the ITunes legal page:

"(vi) iTunes Plus Products do not contain security technology that limits your usage of such Products, and Usage Rules (ii) – (v) do not apply to iTunes Plus Products. You may copy, store, and burn iTunes Plus Products as reasonably necessary for personal, noncommercial use."

Is your album an Itunes plus product?

Did you authorize your computer to play the music via the instructions from iTunes?

Re-download PhotoShow V6from your account page and reinstall over the one you have. See if that makes a difference. Perhaps PhotoShow doesn't yet know that all Itune music is not DRM protected.

Did you try what I suggested using Amazon.com music? That will tell you if it is a DRM issue or a program fault.

If it is true that Itunes music is not protected, then burn the album to a cd and then rip it back to your computer. That should be legal if it is true. Try using that mp3 file.

What are the properties of the mp3 files; not all mp3s are equal.

Please take the time to answer and try each of the above. With the information you posted, it is impossible to guess what causes your problem. You should do so if you really want help; otherwise, call PhotoShow support; it is not the same as Roxio support.

My songs are not itunes plus. But the itunes help agent said that I could use them in other applications like a slideshow.

I don't know if I authorized my computer to play the music via the instructions from iTunes (I don't even know what that really means)

No, I did not try what your suggested using Amazon.com music. I'll have to read that again & try it. (I think it's a glitch with Roxio becaue my "burn audio CD" program crashes the whole Roxio program and "make mp3 DVD" also crashes and closes Roxio program.

Ah, I wondered if all mp3 files were equal!!! Some have an ending of mp3 and some have an ending of mp Layer 3 at the end. I'll have to look up what the properties are. What specifically should I be looking for?

I also wondered about PhotoShow support and Roxio Support (not being the same). huh!!!

thanks, I will check on your last reply and see what I can do.

My songs are not itunes plus. But the itunes help agent said that I could use them in other applications like a slideshow.

I don't know if I authorized my computer to play the music via the instructions from iTunes (I don't even know what that really means)

No, I did not try what your suggested using Amazon.com music. I'll have to read that again & try it. (I think it's a glitch with Roxio becaue my "burn audio CD" program crashes the whole Roxio program and "make mp3 DVD" also crashes and closes Roxio program.

Ah, I wondered if all mp3 files were equal!!! Some have an ending of mp3 and some have an ending of mp Layer 3 at the end. I'll have to look up what the properties are. What specifically should I be looking for?

I also wondered about PhotoShow support and Roxio Support (not being the same). huh!!!

thanks, I will check on your last reply and see what I can do.

Was the Itunes person from a land far, far away? :rolleyes: Let us know if the amazon mp3 works.

You really need to read some of the instructions on the ITunes web page. I don't use it and I found that information in a very short time.

Wikipedia helps Look at bit rates, sampling rates and variable or fixed bit rates.

You have now given us more information that you had in the past. I assumed that all the music was from one album; it now appears that you have two (at least) different types of music.

Try the Amazon free mp3 of the day, add it as many times as necessary to do the show. How long is the show?

Let us know and please no more surprises. We need ALL the information if we are going to try to help.