• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wont Start Up

Huskyhund

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi! I can't start up Creator 2009. I click the icon and the Roxio Logo pops up and after that, nothing. what shall i do?

Did this just start? What Operating System are you using? Creator 2009 will not run in Windows 7.

Did this just start? What Operating System are you using? Creator 2009 will not run in Windows 7.

I just installed it (took about half an hour or something) and it wont start up when i click the icon. Everything is installed correctly. Im using Vista

I just installed it (took about half an hour or something) and it wont start up when i click the icon. Everything is installed correctly. Im using Vista

Did you have your anti-virus running during the install; sometimes that can be a problem ?

What servcie pack are you running in Vista?

Can you start the applications from Windows / Start/ Programs / Roxio Creator 2009 / Applications? Sometimes that Home page gets installed improperly and does not work.

You may need to try to repair the installation. First do these things (link); don't skip any steps. Put the disc back into your optical drive. You should get an options to repair. Try doing the repair.

Did you have your anti-virus running during the install; sometimes that can be a problem ?

What servcie pack are you running in Vista?

Can you start the applications from Windows / Start/ Programs / Roxio Creator 2009 / Applications? Sometimes that Home page gets installed improperly and does not work.

You may need to try to repair the installation. First do these things (link); don't skip any steps. Put the disc back into your optical drive. You should get an options to repair. Try doing the repair.

When trying to open the applications from Windows / Start/ Programs / Roxio Creator 2009 / Applications I either gets the popup

that says "No permissions to launch application", or nothing happens.

I run Service pack 2

I had Kaspersky running in the background. I may try to close it and reinstall/repair roxio again and hope it works.

i turned off Kaspersky and disabled all autostart, restared computer and reinstalled Roxio but still wont work

You didn't answer my question about starting from the Start programs option. Did you do the updates in the link I posted? No one can help if you do not try what we suggest instead of going off and do other things. You really have to tell us what you did or didi not do; we can't see over your shoulder.

Did you try to start from the Visat Start Porgrams option.? That will tell us if the entire program doesn't work of if it is just the Home page that is screwed up.

You may have to uninstall the program via the instruction here.

If you are afraid to edit your registry, then come back after you have updated your computer and we will offer and possible alternative.

You didn't answer my question about starting from the Start programs option. Did you do the updates in the link I posted? No one can help if you do not try what we suggest instead of going off and do other things. You really have to tell us what you did or didi not do; we can't see over your shoulder.

Did you try to start from the Visat Start Porgrams option.? That will tell us if the entire program doesn't work of if it is just the Home page that is screwed up.

You may have to uninstall the program via the instruction here.

If you are afraid to edit your registry, then come back after you have updated your computer and we will offer and possible alternative.

you sound upset im sorry :(

I do my best to understand, my english may not be great.

1. I have the latest updates.

2. latest video card driver installed

3. latest DirectX

4. latest Windows Media Player

5. latest audio drivers

6. I dare not to update firmware I read the result may be destruction of the drive And i dont know how to update it.

7. im the Administrator

8 Kaspersky is turned off/Will be turned off next time i try

9. background processes turned off/Will be turned off next time i try

I try to open the program from the desktop and from Start Menu but it wont work.

When i try the applications it says "No permissions to launch application", or nothing happens.

The only application that works is CinePLayer

When i installed for the very first time long ago it worked perfectly. i uninstalled it after a while because of reasons.

And now when i try to install it today it fails.

I have fully uninstalled it now, plus its registry.

What do you suggest i do now?

you sound upset im sorry :(

I do my best to understand, my english may not be great.

1. I have the latest updates.

2. latest video card driver installed

3. latest DirectX

4. latest Windows Media Player

5. latest audio drivers

6. I dare not to update firmware I read the result may be destruction of the drive And i dont know how to update it.

7. im the Administrator

8 Kaspersky is turned off/Will be turned off next time i try

9. background processes turned off/Will be turned off next time i try

I try to open the program from the desktop and from Start Menu but it wont work.

When i try the applications it says "No permissions to launch application", or nothing happens.

The only application that works is CinePLayer

When i installed for the very first time long ago it worked perfectly. i uninstalled it after a while because of reasons.

And now when i try to install it today it fails.

I have fully uninstalled it now, plus its registry.

What do you suggest i do now?

I apologize; I misread your previous post.

I did a little more digging and found several posts that were pinned to the top of this forum. Try this.; it was just posted today !

Reinstall. Make sure you try to install into an adminstarator account.

Make sure you have your anti-virus set to not do any registry cleaning.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reasons you had to do the uninstall in the first place?

I apologize; I misread your previous post.

I did a little more digging and found several posts that were pinned to the top of this forum. Try this.; it was just posted today !

Reinstall. Make sure you try to install into an adminstarator account.

Make sure you have your anti-virus set to not do any registry cleaning.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reasons you had to do the uninstall in the first place?

Id like to report that Roxio finally works now :)

Thank you for your help and all.

Reason I uninstalled it in the first place was beacuse it slowed down my computer considerably.

Now i don't really care much about that. Thanks again.