Easy Vhs To Dvd Editing In Video Wave

John Hernly

Question

Im having trouble with Easy VHS to DVD. I have captured a 3.5 hour event from an 8MM Analog camcorder using DVD HQ MPEG 2 8 MBPS and Im editing the video in Video wave. Every thing I do takes minutes to load. I have trimmed the video to 25 minute segments and when I push the trim icon, it takes a minute for the trim window to appear, then when I move the cursor ahead a few minutes further into the footage, it takes a minute to catch up to real time, then when I select a start point and an end point, it takes about 2 minutes a piece, and then when Im done selecting a start point and endpoint, I click ok and it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to process the new clip. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to load a project. I know this cant be the way the program was designed. Im using a NVidia 680 SLI Motherboard with 2 Nvidia 7950 Graphics cards, intel core 2 duo processor 4 gigs of ddr2 ram windos xp professional, Ive defragged my hard drive, installed all windows updates, installed roxio update, have used the program end it all to cut all background programs and It still takes forever to process anything. In fact, I have typed this entire email and my movie still hasnt loaded in the timeline. Any Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

4 answers to this question

Im having trouble with Easy VHS to DVD. I have captured a 3.5 hour event from an 8MM Analog camcorder using DVD HQ MPEG 2 8 MBPS and Im editing the video in Video wave. Every thing I do takes minutes to load. I have trimmed the video to 25 minute segments and when I push the trim icon, it takes a minute for the trim window to appear, then when I move the cursor ahead a few minutes further into the footage, it takes a minute to catch up to real time, then when I select a start point and an end point, it takes about 2 minutes a piece, and then when Im done selecting a start point and endpoint, I click ok and it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to process the new clip. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to load a project. I know this cant be the way the program was designed. Im using a NVidia 680 SLI Motherboard with 2 Nvidia 7950 Graphics cards, intel core 2 duo processor 4 gigs of ddr2 ram windos xp professional, Ive defragged my hard drive, installed all windows updates, installed roxio update, have used the program end it all to cut all background programs and It still takes forever to process anything. In fact, I have typed this entire email and my movie still hasnt loaded in the timeline. Any Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

The problem is that you are working with a 3.5 hour video. You would be much better off recapturing to 25 minute segments and working with those.

The problem is that you are working with a 3.5 hour video. You would be much better off recapturing to 25 minute segments and working with those.

10-4 thanks for the reply, I dont really want to recapture, Ive been doing a lot of reading on these forums and Im trying to split the clip in the timeline, is that what most people do first, split the clips and delete unwanted scenes, then trim in the story line? Also I read that it may be possible to split clips by manually seting chapters, havent tried this yet, not sure if it works.

Well I recaptured with 10 20 minute segments and created a new production for each one and they edited instantly, Once I edit each production I just copy and paste to the main production. Thanks for the advise.

For anyone with this problem, recapturing using 20 minute segments and opening each one up as a seperate production and then pasting them to the main production is the way to go. The 20 minute segments edit at lightning speed compared to one 3 hour production in one segment.