Install Process Locks System

jimbob65

Question

I am using roxio creator 2011 pro on a HP e9280t computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). Recently I had a problem with one of the applications. I do not recall the exact name but it is the one that is used to display photos. I installed the disk and did a repair install. It appeared to run normally but did not fix the problem. I decided to do a re-install of roxio. I did a un-install of all of the roxio applications and tried to do a new install. The install progress would get a little less than two thirds done (according to progress bar) during “Installing Roxio Creator 2011 Pro” and then hang system. No keyboard, no mouse, no nothing. I tried it again with Norton Virus protection turned off. This did not work. I then did a un-install of the one application that did get installed and manually remove all folders that were roxio and sonic and repeated the install process. Still no luck. I do not want to do a complete system re-install. Any help would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I am using roxio creator 2011 pro on a HP e9280t computer running Windows 7 (64 bit). Recently I had a problem with one of the applications. I do not recall the exact name but it is the one that is used to display photos. I installed the disk and did a repair install. It appeared to run normally but did not fix the problem. I decided to do a re-install of roxio. I did a un-install of all of the roxio applications and tried to do a new install. The install progress would get a little less than two thirds done (according to progress bar) during “Installing Roxio Creator 2011 Pro” and then hang system. No keyboard, no mouse, no nothing. I tried it again with Norton Virus protection turned off. This did not work. I then did a un-install of the one application that did get installed and manually remove all folders that were roxio and sonic and repeated the install process. Still no luck. I do not want to do a complete system re-install. Any help would be appreciated.

Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN

Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011.

Number 11 in my signature.

Pinned posts at the top of Installation/Uninstallation/Update forum..

http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/270-installationuninstallationupdate/

The above did not help. However a strange thing happen. My daughter was using my PC and performed a Google Map, which worked okay. She selected Google Earth from a option in Google Map. The computer frooze as before. I restarted the computer, and since I never use Google Earth, I decided to remove it. During the un-install of Google Earth I got an error related to the following file: b9d2d.msi. The comment said something about Roxio running and could not compete the un-install. Roxio was NOT running. I answered no to the question. (Do not ask, I did not think to write it down.) And the Google Earth uninstall was not workimg correctly. I killed the Google earth un-install, rebooted and preformed another Google Earth un-install. This time I answered Yes to the question and got a complete un-install of Google Earth. It seems to me the Roxio problem could be related to a msi file but I have no idea what to do with the information.

The above did not help. However a strange thing happen. My daughter was using my PC and performed a Google Map, which worked okay. She selected Google Earth from a option in Google Map. The computer frooze as before. I restarted the computer, and since I never use Google Earth, I decided to remove it. During the un-install of Google Earth I got an error related to the following file: b9d2d.msi. The comment said something about Roxio running and could not compete the un-install. Roxio was NOT running. I answered no to the question. (Do not ask, I did not think to write it down.) And the Google Earth uninstall was not workimg correctly. I killed the Google earth un-install, rebooted and preformed another Google Earth un-install. This time I answered Yes to the question and got a complete un-install of Google Earth. It seems to me the Roxio problem could be related to a msi file but I have no idea what to do with the information.

it sounds like your computer has issues.

Have you contacted HP?

Have a read around this >> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/e9280t-problems-and-complaints/td-p/143199

Strange, I just received an email today from HP about the class action lawsuit (Notice of Proposed Settlement of HP Pavilion Elite Desktop Litigation - Reference #29148471). My HP has had these problems of locking up, blue screen, and no responce since I have had it. I will be keeping an eye on this. However, Roxio has been working fine up until last week. I still think some app is not working right or the registery file had a problem, which I do not want to touch.