Roxio Creator 2011 Fail To Show Video

Michael Walsh

Question

I have purchased the Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011 to convert VHS to DVD. I have updated with plenty of RAM and have over a TB of hard drive space available. I have attempted with VHS, TiVo Series 2 and Wii to play a video. The audio comes through fine, but the video does not show. There is no error code, just a black screen. All connections are good and check out fine. The USB registers accurately and recognizes the device converter. I have Windows XP Professional on this computer. It does show "checking / searching for video signal" before audio appears and video is a black screen. I have not had a successful video show up to date. Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

I have purchased the Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011 to convert VHS to DVD. I have updated with plenty of RAM and have over a TB of hard drive space available. I have attempted with VHS, TiVo Series 2 and Wii to play a video. The audio comes through fine, but the video does not show. There is no error code, just a black screen. All connections are good and check out fine. The USB registers accurately and recognizes the device converter. I have Windows XP Professional on this computer. It does show "checking / searching for video signal" before audio appears and video is a black screen. I have not had a successful video show up to date. Any suggestions?

You left out a very important item - where can you not see the video? In capture, In video wave? In CinePlayer?

You seem to have an older computer. What video card/chip do you have? When was the last time you updated it. The drivers may be so old that they can't give you the picture.

If you are not sure, go to Windows Start and type in dxdiag.exe. It has been awhile since I used XP so what I say may not be exactly correct. A windows will open, go to the display tab and capture a screen shot of that window - post it here. That will tell you both what video device you have and what the drivers are. Do not rely on Windows to provide you with updated drivers. You will have to go to the manufacturer of your device and update the drivers from there.

It could also be one of these:

5. Download and install XML 4 SP3

a. http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

6. Download and install .NET 3.5 SP1

a. http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Try those and let us know both where you can'rt see the videos and if the above helped.