• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Filbertess

Urgent Help Needed

Question

Hello all. I'm having a lot of problems learning how to use this programme and am wondering if you could help me.

I want to create a dvd of photos (about 15 chapters in all) with menus etc. I have tried to use videowave to set the movie - thats ok and I use my dvd to create (although can only put 3 titles on the screen). My next problem is saving it. I play the preview and it all works fine. I go to burn it to disc but it saves as 5 separate folders and not the film-like dvd I want. Can anyone help?

Thanks

20 answers to this question

I need to convert the .dmsm file to a dvd file (I think) how do I do this on mydvd? The export option isn't highlighted. Thanks

Please tell us exactly what you want to do. myDVD is primarily designed to burn to a DVD. You can make a image file or a folder set but if you are looking for some other conversion or use, it is not the right application. You must use Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave) to export it if you don't want to make a DVD. Double clcik on the file and when it loads in Video Wave, go to the menu across the top and select output then export or one of the other options.

Hello all. I'm having a lot of problems learning how to use this programme and am wondering if you could help me.

I want to create a dvd of photos (about 15 chapters in all) with menus etc. I have tried to use videowave to set the movie - thats ok and I use my dvd to create (although can only put 3 titles on the screen). My next problem is saving it. I play the preview and it all works fine. I go to burn it to disc but it saves as 5 separate folders and not the film-like dvd I want. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Please explain what I bolded. Are you saving the project from MYDVD or are you burring it? If burning it, what are you selecting to burn it to - Image file (ISO) , folder set or burring directly to a DVD?

Thanks

Have you looked at the Tutorials that are available thrpough the Learning Center?

A few suggestions:

-get a few RW DVDs for testing purposes unless you want to create a lot of coasters.

-start off with simple projects. Don't try to do a full blown project as your first project, you are almost sure to mess up.

-learn some of the correct terminology such as the correct use of titles and chapters.

-saving in Roxio refers to saveing your project file. Saving does not create a DVD that can be played as video nor does it create any kind of video file.

-using Videowave you can Export or Ouput your project to a video file which you can later burn to a DVD using the program Create DVDs( myDVD)

-read through some of the pinned posts especially in the How to/Usability forums. Reading for earlier Roxio versions is Ok since most of the basic concepts didn't change.

-in myDVD the number of Titles you can put on a menu screen depends on the menu style you use.

-

Thanks for your replies.

I am trying it out first of all using any old photos that I have put together to make 3 separate chapters. I used Videowave for this. What I want to do is create a cd of photos that can play on a dvd player showing these 3 chapters put together as one production, so when it starts up, it starts like a dvd going to the main screen menu, then my friends can click on whatever chapter they want.

On mydvd it has the option of creating a menu page etc with chapters titles etc which I tried and when I pressed preview I though perfect! But it is a .dmsm file so won't play like a dvd, but I have no options to change it.

Before I have only used programs such as windows movie maker, and on this you just have one movie and won't play as a dvd.

Thanks for your replies.

I am trying it out first of all using any old photos that I have put together to make 3 separate chapters. I used Videowave for this. What I want to do is create a cd of photos that can play on a dvd player showing these 3 chapters put together as one production, so when it starts up, it starts like a dvd going to the main screen menu, then my friends can click on whatever chapter they want.

On mydvd it has the option of creating a menu page etc with chapters titles etc which I tried and when I pressed preview I though perfect! But it is a .dmsm file so won't play like a dvd, but I have no options to change it.

Before I have only used programs such as windows movie maker, and on this you just have one movie and won't play as a dvd.

Did you read my last post? I explained that saving does not create a video file but only a project file. In Videowave these project files have the extension and do not contain any video/immages and cannot be played on a DVD.

What you are calling chapters are really Titles and they become one menu items on the menu page.. (A chapter is a sub-division of a Title).

In myDD, add each dmsm project file and it will become one title on the menu page.

Windows Movie Maker cannot be used to create DVDs, all it creates is video files which cannot be played DVD players.

Thanks, yes I did read your post, but I really am a novice at this. So how do I go about turning it into a proper dvd? I did add the 3 titles but then I got stuck :-)

Thanks for your patience

The production that I'm going to be doing has about 200 photos in all, so I want to practice with about 20 or so just to get the hang of it.

Edited by Filbertess

Thanks, yes I did read your post, but I really am a novice at this. So how do I go about turning it into a proper dvd? I did add the 3 titles but then I got stuck :-)

Thanks for your patience

The production that I'm going to be doing has about 200 photos in all, so I want to practice with about 20 or so just to get the hang of it.

Have a look at these:

http://www.emctips.com/videowave.html

http://saknis.net/Roxio/V8-V9.htm

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/tips-and-tutorials.html

http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/emc/v12_pro/learning_center.html

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/15366-one-way-of-doing-it/

Hello all. I am at the point of throwing my laptop out of the window!!!

I can't seem to be able to save my productions as dvds. They burn to disc as separate folders and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have looked at the tutorials and read the advice on here but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have created a slideshow using videowave and have saved the project. I then exported to mydvd to add the menu etc.

In the preview it plays just as I want it. I can only save it as a mydvd project not as a dvd or vcd. There is no option.

When I burn it onto disc it saves as 5 folders instead of as one production.

What am I doing wrong.

Neither on videowave or mydvd is there an option to save as a dvd file. Is this normal? Then how do I create a video cd that plays as it should?

Please help

Thanks

Hello all. I am at the point of throwing my laptop out of the window!!!

I can't seem to be able to save my productions as dvds. They burn to disc as separate folders and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have looked at the tutorials and read the advice on here but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have created a slideshow using videowave and have saved the project. I then exported to mydvd to add the menu etc.

In the preview it plays just as I want it. I can only save it as a mydvd project not as a dvd or vcd. There is no option.

When I burn it onto disc it saves as 5 folders instead of as one production.

What am I doing wrong.

Neither on videowave or mydvd is there an option to save as a dvd file. Is this normal? Then how do I create a video cd that plays as it should?

Please help

Thanks

I have merged your "new" thread with the original one you started a week ago. It is a poor idea to have separate threads going with the same problem, it just creates confusion.

I have no idea what you are doing wrong since you did not really give any details.

You cannot create a DVD by "saving", all that you are saving is the project file which does not contain any video but only the instruction on how to create the video DVD. To create a proper video DVD (assuming you are happy with your menu) you have to click the Burn icon in myDVD. The Burn window will then open and you select the DVD burner you want to use or whther you want to burn to an image file or a video folder set.

There is no such thing as a DVD file. A proper video DVD contains a Video_TS folder which in turns contains a number of files with the extension of ifo, bup and vob. Just look at a commercial DVD with Windows Explorer and you will see the same structure.

Edited by myguggi

I don't have that option when I press the burn dvd button.

I can choose which disc drive to use and that is it. It doesn't give me the option whether to burn as an image or folder set.

I don't have that option when I press the burn dvd button.

I can choose which disc drive to use and that is it. It doesn't give me the option whether to burn as an image or folder set.

When you are ready to burn your video DVD this is what you should see this:

post-103-074361300 1307306300.jpg

After clicking the red burn button this window should open. If this is not the case then please give us a step-by-step description on what you are doing. Be explicit in what program/option/button you are selecting. Use the correct names and descriptions.

post-103-009059700 1307306314.jpg

I just want my production to open as a dvd. eg you put it in your dvd player and it plays the movie / slideshow

For that, you are describing an No Menu Project...

Then you must start with that type of project before you add anything:

post-39730-007568800 1307321200.jpg

For that, you are describing an No Menu Project...

Then you must start with that type of project before you add anything:

post-39730-007568800 1307321200.jpg

I think Filbertess wants a DVD with a menu. He/She is creating Titles and chapters according to the early posts.

Thanks all for your help. Have given up trying to make a vcd and have stuck with making a dvd. It works! Now I can sleep. Thanks again for all your help.

(when I tried to make a vcd there were no options. If I made a dvd the options came up so thats whats swung it for me.)

;)

Thanks all for your help. Have given up trying to make a vcd and have stuck with making a dvd. It works! Now I can sleep. Thanks again for all your help.

(when I tried to make a vcd there were no options. If I made a dvd the options came up so thats whats swung it for me.)

;)

VCD and SVCD are almost obsolete in the US. Many DVD players will not play them. You are better off using a good quality blank DVD than chancing not being able to play it.

I now that in some countries they are still used. I hope that will work for you.

BTW - Did you say you wanted to make VCD in the earlier posts?

Edited by sknis

;)

It is too bad you didn't tell us right at the beginning that you wanted to create a VCD, we could have saved you a lot of frustration and a lot of time:rolleyes:

lol, yes it was a vcd but no worries. I'm perfectly happy now that I've mastered the basics. Now just to put the 200 photos together (sigh) :-)