Roxio Creator 2011 Vs. Roxio Creator 2011 Pro

jacksp1

Question

6 answers to this question

I think 11 Pro is well worth the small extra price. But I will say that IMHO, 3D is a gimmick that I am not interested in and I wish Roxio would make a 11 Pro- without 3D since I suspect that the 3D functionality could be a complication that reduces overall product performance and reliability (just read the 3D section of your Forum).

SALES: I would pay EXTRA for an 11 Pro WITHOUT 3D - how 'bout it? At least going forward, offer customers a choice.

SUPPORT: is it possible for me to remove the 3D functionality safely, or to re-install without 3D? Thank you.

--Doug

I think 11 Pro is well worth the small extra price. But I will say that IMHO, 3D is a gimmick that I am not interested in and I wish Roxio would make a 11 Pro- without 3D since I suspect that the 3D functionality could be a complication that reduces overall product performance and reliability (just read the 3D section of your Forum).

SALES: I would pay EXTRA for an 11 Pro WITHOUT 3D - how 'bout it? At least going forward, offer customers a choice.

SUPPORT: is it possible for me to remove the 3D functionality safely, or to re-install without 3D? Thank you.

--Doug

Gimmick? Yes, isn't most new tech? Which threads in the 3D section say that 3D screws up the performance of 2D? I'm sure you'll find that the complaints are mostly about poor installs of the product (not following good procedures).

I can assure you that the 3D applications have nothing to do with performance. I have used this type of Roxio product for 8 versions and they mostly improve. I can tell no difference between Creator 2010 without 3D and Creator 2011 with 3D (except for the ability to do 3D) in performance.

Might I suggest that you look for a copy of Creator 2010. It is pretty much the same as Creator 2011 without the 3D features. Since it is an older version, you can usually find it cheaper.

You will not find any sales people on this site (call them direct). A few tech people show up from time to time. You can see them by thier screen name.