• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

n2gzs

Question

I'm running Creator Business v10.3.52.15. Using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine with an Intel Xeon X5650@2.67 Ghz.

Roxio is telling there is no device detected. I looked at some of the previous questions, and I downloaded and installed the pxengine4_18_16a. After the reboot there's still no drive detected. The drive I have is an HP DVD RW AD-7251H5.

Can you help me get her running?

Thanks.

where do you find this Drag to Disc, not on my pc..also tried the pxengine, rebooted and still not working; my OS is Vista ultimate 64 bit

EMC 7, 7.5 is not compatible with Vista. The first version that worked with Vista was version EMC 9.1.

The 10.x.xxx products have nothing in common with Creator 2010, hence the reason to move it here :lol:

If you go under Tools in the Home App and look under Disc Info, what does it say about your drive?

post-39730-064668200 1307369305.jpg

And we will need to know WHAT you are trying to burn to it???

The 10.x.xxx products have nothing in common with Creator 2010, hence the reason to move it here :lol:

If you go under Tools in the Home App and look under Disc Info, what does it say about your drive?

post-39730-064668200 1307369305.jpg

And we will need to know WHAT you are trying to burn to it???

It simply says no drive detected. I was trying to burn PowerPoint presentations, mpg's and wmv's to it.

Yes Windows sees the device. I have been able to burn CD's using Windows explorer.

Make a Folder in the root of C Drive name it Fix.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, .pxengine4_18_16a.zip

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.micro...the-Run-command

Or hold the + then the R and then the windows key..

Copy and paste this command into the Run box and click OK.

c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

post-97-072122000 1307370008.jpg

post-97-056393000 1307370011.jpg

When you click OK in the Run Command this should show, click next then finish..

post-97-099381600 1307370132.jpg

post-97-064534000 1307370133.jpg

Reboot the PC and see if Roxio can see your drives...

[pxengine file attached]

EMC 7, 7.5 is not compatible with Vista. The first version that worked with Vista was version EMC 9.1.

thank you, I was trying to find an update to this version of Creaor DE Sonic solutions 2007 seems like version 3.7 in the about and I found the installation CD "Easy Cd & DVD burning 10.3 DE"

I can uninstall Roxio and reinstall this one I suppose and try it. but it wouldn't update because the UM.msi

Thanks cdanteek. That worked. I had already downloaded and run it, but I must have missed a step, because it didn't work before. Thanks again!!

You have to run it this way using the Vista switch.

I'm glad it worked for you..

You have to run it this way using the Vista switch.

I'm glad it worked for you..

Sorry to hear that!

It has worked for everyone so far.

Please review, print out post #6 then ask a friend with more PC experience to have a go at it.

You da man!

The first time I tried, I failed to install the px engine from the run command, and it failed. I followed your instructions the second time, and it worked.

Funny how that happens...

You da man!

The first time I tried, I failed to install the px engine from the run command, and it failed. I followed your instructions the second time, and it worked.

Funny how that happens...

Happy to hear it worked for you and your up and running.

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Didn't work for me either.

Using Window 7 64bit

Have reloaded Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. Loaded pxengine4_18_16a

No Lower or Upper filter problems.

Every other program in the world can see my drive had the same problem with Creator 2009.

Will not be getting 2011 unless Roxio sort out this problem

What realy confuses me is why it works for six months and then stops working.

This is identical to what happened with 2009

Brian

Overlooking that fact that you posted to EMC 10 (internal version number 10) forum instead of Creator 2010 (internal version number 12), if you had Creator 2009 installed on Windows 7, the chances are you haven't fully uninstalled that (it was NOT compatible with W7).

There are several things that can cause problems (the above being one).

Did you install with anti-virus turned off?

Do you run a registry cleaner?

Didn't work for me either.

Using Window 7 64bit

Have reloaded Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. Loaded pxengine4_18_16a

No Lower or Upper filter problems.

Every other program in the world can see my drive had the same problem with Creator 2009.

Will not be getting 2011 unless Roxio sort out this problem

What realy confuses me is why it works for six months and then stops working.

This is identical to what happened with 2009

If the program worked for 6 month and then all of a sudden does not, it is because you changed something on your system that corrupted the Roxio program. That is not something you can blame on Roxio.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, .pxengine4_18_16a.zip

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.micro...the-Run-command

[pxengine file attached]

cdanteek, I just want to say a big thank you to you for this information. I had a Dell tech today fix my faulty DVD drive and one of the things he did was to remove that lowfilter from my registry. I had no idea why or that I needed it for Creator 2010 to recognize my drive. So, when Roxio not longer saw my drive, I found your thread here and the fix worked for me!! Thank you so much for explaining it so well. You are one of the Good Ones, my friend :) Steven

I am running vista and am having the same problem. No Drive Detected. Can I use the same fix?

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, free utility's in my signature #16.

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-happened-to-the-Run-command

Yes you can and tell us if it works for you please.

Thank you. I feel stupid but can you just walk me through it please.

Is this the folder where I create the FIX folder?

Where do I Download the pxengine4_18_16a? And which link do I use in your sig #16?

post-37847-011720400 1309632219.jpg

Thank you. I feel stupid but can you just walk me through it please.

Is this the folder where I create the FIX folder?

Where do I Download the pxengine4_18_16a? And which link do I use in your sig #16?

I can't make it any clearer than post # 6 can I, with pictures?

oh well at least tried tomorrow will uninstall and install and see if I can update it

I found and installed "Easy CD and DVD burning DE Home" vers 10.3.106 with pxenging 4.16.150.47 but with no good end results.

also tried to update the firmware for my drives from Dell. The 2 drives are as follows:

HL-DT-ST DVD ROM DH10N ATA Device firmware 0D08 this one couldn't find on site

PLDS DVD+RW DH-16A6S ATA Device firmware YD11 this one I found YD12 and tried to install it but it told me it was for a PLDS drive. that is unreal

so back to where I ended, no where

I can't make it any clearer than post # 6 can I, with pictures?

Ok you are running windows 7 so it says computer>W7 OS right? I am running vista so is that the proper place for me to create the FIX folder? And where do I download the pxengine4_18_16a file? I just googled it and clicked a link and got that dopey virus thing "Windows Security ...." I am running malwarebytes at the moment. PLease help

#16 is just an extractor where do I get the compressed file for the pxengine4_18_16a?

Ok you are running windows 7 so it says computer>W7 OS right? I am running vista so is that the proper place for me to create the FIX folder? And where do I download the pxengine4_18_16a file? I just googled it and clicked a link and got that dopey virus thing "Windows Security ...." I am running malwarebytes at the moment. PLease help

#16 is just an extractor where do I get the compressed file for the pxengine4_18_16a?

Yes make the folder in Vista OS C Drive...

Download the pxengine4_18_16a file, http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/000070GN&PARAMS=

Shut your antivirus and malwarebytes off. Do you think Roxio is going to give you a visus?

Archived