• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

n2gzs

No Drive Detected

Question

I'm running Creator Business v10.3.52.15. Using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine with an Intel Xeon X5650@2.67 Ghz.

Roxio is telling there is no device detected. I looked at some of the previous questions, and I downloaded and installed the pxengine4_18_16a. After the reboot there's still no drive detected. The drive I have is an HP DVD RW AD-7251H5.

Can you help me get her running?

Thanks.

Edited by n2gzs

EMC 7, 7.5 is not compatible with Vista. The first version that worked with Vista was version EMC 9.1.

thank you, I was trying to find an update to this version of Creaor DE Sonic solutions 2007 seems like version 3.7 in the about and I found the installation CD "Easy Cd & DVD burning 10.3 DE"

I can uninstall Roxio and reinstall this one I suppose and try it. but it wouldn't update because the UM.msi

Edited by xxLouA

10.3 should work in Vista; it is the newest Dell version that I know of.

The pxengine should have fixed it.

Run this.

Then run this

Where did the UM.msi come from?

Edited by sknis

10.3 should work in Vista; it is the newest Dell version that I know of.

The pxengine should have fixed it.

Run this.

Then run this

Where did the UM.msi come from?

when I ran the update from Help it said it could't find the installation that is the UM (update manager.msi)

I ran both of your links with the pxengine rebooted but didn't work still get "no drive detected"

nice try with both of them

oh well at least tried tomorrow will uninstall and install and see if I can update it

I found and installed "Easy CD and DVD burning DE Home" vers 10.3.106 with pxenging 4.16.150.47 but with no good end results.

also tried to update the firmware for my drives from Dell. The 2 drives are as follows:

HL-DT-ST DVD ROM DH10N ATA Device firmware 0D08 this one couldn't find on site

PLDS DVD+RW DH-16A6S ATA Device firmware YD11 this one I found YD12 and tried to install it but it told me it was for a PLDS drive. that is unreal

so back to where I ended, no where

I found and installed "Easy CD and DVD burning DE Home" vers 10.3.106 with pxenging 4.16.150.47 but with no good end results.

also tried to update the firmware for my drives from Dell. The 2 drives are as follows:

HL-DT-ST DVD ROM DH10N ATA Device firmware 0D08 this one couldn't find on site

PLDS DVD+RW DH-16A6S ATA Device firmware YD11 this one I found YD12 and tried to install it but it told me it was for a PLDS drive. that is unreal

so back to where I ended, no where

Have a look at post #6 here http://forums.suppor...534#entry374534

Did you try the Dell forum yet.

Edited by ogdens

I tried it made folder FIX putpxengine4_18_16a.zip and ran the exe from there. I already have Winzip15.0 PRO on my pc. also from RUN ran c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

didn't say anything about upgrade since I had this version already.

it shows HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM (F) put destination disc shows no drive detected. on the bottom of this window in left corner it shows a CD and Win 7 home premium and destination as stated.

so don't know. in Fix folder is also 7-zip and 7z920.exe ????

might have clicked somewhere in your utilities.

thanks

Edited by ogdens

You have to run it this way using the Vista switch.

I'm glad it worked for you..

Sorry to hear that!

It has worked for everyone so far.

Please review, print out post #6 then ask a friend with more PC experience to have a go at it.

You da man!

The first time I tried, I failed to install the px engine from the run command, and it failed. I followed your instructions the second time, and it worked.

Funny how that happens...

You da man!

The first time I tried, I failed to install the px engine from the run command, and it failed. I followed your instructions the second time, and it worked.

Funny how that happens...

Happy to hear it worked for you and your up and running.

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

On XP my DVD drive could not be found by Windows. I found a fix deleting the upper and lower limits in the Registry. It said also that I might have to reinstall my CD/DVD burning software. I did so and I still get

"All your drives are set to disabled. On this operating system, in order to start Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning you must physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive."

Windows says my one DVD drive is enabled.

I found an article on the Roxio web site that said to run RoxiAssist in the Upgrade folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\. There is no Upgrade folder so I could not find RoxiAssist to recreate the registry limits.

This topic addresses Vista and Windows 7. Can you tell me what to do for XP?

On XP my DVD drive could not be found by Windows. I found a fix deleting the upper and lower limits in the Registry. It said also that I might have to reinstall my CD/DVD burning software. I did so and I still get

"All your drives are set to disabled. On this operating system, in order to start Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning you must physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive."

Windows says my one DVD drive is enabled.

I found an article on the Roxio web site that said to run RoxiAssist in the Upgrade folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\. There is no Upgrade folder so I could not find RoxiAssist to recreate the registry limits.

This topic addresses Vista and Windows 7. Can you tell me what to do for XP?

Run this and see if it fix's your problem. You will need to un-zip it, run it , and re--boot your PC.

7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a.

Make a Folder in the root of C Drive name it Fix.

Download the pxengine4_18_16a to the Fix folder and extract it, .pxengine4_18_16a.zip

Bring up the 'Run' command http://windows.micro...the-Run-command

Or hold the + then the R and then the windows key..

Copy and paste this command into the Run box and click OK.

c:\fix\pxengine4_18_16a /pxhelponvista

post-97-072122000 1307370008.jpg

post-97-056393000 1307370011.jpg

When you click OK in the Run Command this should show, click next then finish..

post-97-099381600 1307370132.jpg

post-97-064534000 1307370133.jpg

Reboot the PC and see if Roxio can see your drives...

[pxengine file attached]

cdanteek, I just want to say a big thank you to you for this information. I had a Dell tech today fix my faulty DVD drive and one of the things he did was to remove that lowfilter from my registry. I had no idea why or that I needed it for Creator 2010 to recognize my drive. So, when Roxio not longer saw my drive, I found your thread here and the fix worked for me!! Thank you so much for explaining it so well. You are one of the Good Ones, my friend :) Steven
  • Like 1