• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DJ Thrillz

Clearing List Of Artists And Tracks In Mp3 Burning

Question

ok so this is my first time using this and have made one mp3 cd successfully. here is my issue... the tracks i loaded on the first one cannot be deleted, i havent found any way to remove them and when i load other folders or tracks, they just get added to the list that was already there. i tried clearing the folders but the songs stay there even though the folders disappear... i really dont wanna go through everything and pick and choose what i want everytime, i just want to be able to load a new folder of tracks and burn them as an mp3 cd, delete them, and do another one. can anyone help me out with this? i appreciate any input you guys can give me.

17 answers to this question

Don't try and delete them,just start a new project.

Burn your disc then close the window.When it asks if you want to save the project say no.

Then just start a new one and add the tracks you want on the new cd.

Edited by tbrewst

i tried that, the songs just stay there. i want them out so i can load new ones. i messed with it all night last night and tried adding another group of songs from a completely different style of music, and they blended in between all of the songs that were there before. i dont see why the first ones cant be deleted.... i have to scroll through real slow, and drag each individual song one at a time just to get what i want? if thats the case then i feel like i just wasted $100! the whole reason why i even bought the program was to make mp3 cd's rather than burn 50 cd's with 12-19 songs on each one. scrolling through 1000 songs just to pick 100 certain songs to fit on one cd is like wasting time, i just dont see why i cant load up a folder, drag everything in it over in one shot, burn it, delete it, and do another one. now that i have loaded 4 more folders in it, thats just that many more songs i have to deal with while searching for what i really want. i must be missing something here....

i tried that, the songs just stay there. i want them out so i can load new ones. i messed with it all night last night and tried adding another group of songs from a completely different style of music, and they blended in between all of the songs that were there before. i dont see why the first ones cant be deleted.... i have to scroll through real slow, and drag each individual song one at a time just to get what i want? if thats the case then i feel like i just wasted $100! the whole reason why i even bought the program was to make mp3 cd's rather than burn 50 cd's with 12-19 songs on each one. scrolling through 1000 songs just to pick 100 certain songs to fit on one cd is like wasting time, i just dont see why i cant load up a folder, drag everything in it over in one shot, burn it, delete it, and do another one. now that i have loaded 4 more folders in it, thats just that many more songs i have to deal with while searching for what i really want. i must be missing something here....

DJ Thrillz,

Explain in detail what application your using from the bought retail C2011 suite to burn your Mp3 disc?

There are a few so using the correct name of the application and any other details would help..

i purchased creator 2011. my whole reason for doing so was to make mp3 cds that have a whole bunch of songs on it rather than burn regular audio cd's that only fit 12-20 songs on it. when starting up the creator, i click on audio/music and then clicked burn mp3 cd. i hope thats what you meant by which application i was using... otherwise i am clueless.

anyways, after i clicked on burn mp3's, i added a folder full of songs. i dragged them over and clicked burn. perfect! but, when i went to do another seperate folder of different songs, it blended in with the previous folder of songs and i had to manually drag each song one by one over to the burn section. and this is my issue, there should be a way to delete the previous folder or project and start a fresh one without the previous songs being there. and i tried for hours to figure out how to do it and no luck, so i was hoping someone here can help me out and point me in the right direction. as i said before, i tried opening a new project, but the songs from the last project appear automatically. frustrating.

and i am not trying to come off negatively or anything i hope nobody is taking me that way, i just want my $100 that i spent to have been worth it. i have 2tb worth of music and would much rather have them on mp3 cd's than regular audio cd's. my old roxio cd creator 5 didnt have this function and i have wanted to upgrade for the longest time, so i did. help!!! :)

Edited by DJ Thrillz

I've added a folder full of mp3 4.3gb and burned to disc.

What do you answer to this question when you close out the project, pic below?

Post some screen shots of what your seeing, please..

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/page__pid__371339#entry371339

post-97-019989300 1307644454.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

after i burned the first cd i clicked "no" as there was no need for me to save it. lets see if i can load these shots properly...

here is what i see first

home.jpg

i click burn mp3 cd and i get my list of what was already burned, this is what i am wanting to delete

list.jpg

i click on new project

newproject.jpg

and nothing changes, it stays the same

nothingchanges.jpg

i went to where you can add or remove folders and hit clear all

removefolders.jpg

again the songs stayed there. everytime i try to load another folder, it gets mixed in with all of those current tracks you see in that list, and when i want to make a cd i have to go through the entire list and pick them out one by one. i want all those tracks to disappear, poof be gone so i can load a new folder with new tracks, drag and drop the whole thing in one shot and burn. i hope the pics work so you can see what i am doing.

Do you see monitor folders?

Is your folder in add folders to monitor?

Do you see remove folder?

What happens when you uncheck, start monitoring folders?

i have talked with support over the phone as well as their 24/7 online chat support, the guy who i chatted with told me to close it, re-open it and it would be blank. NOT

the guy i spoke with on the phone earlier sent me this in an email

As a recap to our previous conversation, you need assistance on how to removed the finish project that you burn using mp3 burn because it still shows on your new project.

To resolve your issue, I ask you to deleted the temp files taht was saved under the roxio project or under your temp files.

To delete the previous project that you burn:

1 Navigate to your my documents > go to roxio project.

2 locate for the image file and then delete the finish project.

3 for you to know the file name of your finish project please make sure to create a file name of it.

4 after deleting the project that you burn create a new project again.

i tried following what he said on the phone and in email but i am lost. i dont see anything anywhere that says roxio project, nor do i see image files anywhere. do you know what he means?

update, i found the folder, its empty..... now i am really lost

roxioprojects.jpg

Edited by DJ Thrillz

Hey Mr DJ,

The pane on the left is the "Quick Find" window. The pane on the right is your "Project" window.

The Project window should be blank each time you start to make a project, but the Quick Find window will contain more and more files and folders as they get "found" and indexed by the program.

You drag files and folders from the Quick Find window into the Project window to burn a disc. It's a Quick Find menu. You aren't meant to take EVERYTHING from there into the project window, and you aren't meant to clear the Quick Find window between projects.

Cheers,

Brendon

so basically you are saying i have to scroll through everything to find certain songs? out of thousands?

and how in the world can you put 4gb of mp3s on one disc? i thought the max was 700mb?

Edited by DJ Thrillz

so basically you are saying i have to scroll through everything to find certain songs? out of thousands?

and how in the world can you put 4gb of mp3s on one disc? i thought the max was 700mb?

Instead of clicking on the Burn mp3 CD, have you tried using Create Music Disc Projects, instead? You open it, and click on the MP3/WMA Disc option.

You won't have to scroll through that Quick Find window to get the mp3 music that you want on the disc.

Edited by grandpabruce

how in the world can you put 4gb of mp3s on one disc? i thought the max was 700mb?

You lost me with that statement!

A DVD will hold 4464mb and a CD will hold 700mb..

Are we done here? Or is there a new different problem?

Please don't let yourself be distracted by suggestions to use 'Create Music Disc Projects' until we've cleared up this problem you're having with Burn MP3 CDs.

Using "Quick Find" you can monitor folders that your music might be in, and those music files appear in the left-hand or "Quick Find" window. They're an array or menu of music you can see at a glance, but only those files you drag across to the right-hand or 'Project' window will be burned to disc. It's up to you to drag only those files that you select, up to 700 MB, to the project window.

You can highlight everything in the Quick Find window and then drag everything, but if you have more than 700 MB of files in the left window, you're going to be in trouble trying to do that.

If you don't want so many files showing in the left window, click on the little post-208-086569400 1307680106.jpg icon at the bottom of that window and adjust the Settings. Either uncheck the "Start Folder Monitoring" box, or clear some or all of the folders to monitor.

I'm not sure what rules the Roxio software follows to remove files from the left-hand window, but I found if I exited from Creator 2011 and then deleted a file called album.psod from the MediaManager folder, then my quickfind window showed this message. :)

post-208-077123400 1307682640.jpg

The MediaManager folder was found at C:\Documents and Settings\%myname%\Application Data\Roxio\EMC13\MediaManager in my XP, and

C:\Users\%myname%\AppData\Roaming\Roxio\EMC13\MediaManager in Windows 7.

[%myname% is the name of my account on my machine. Substitute your own accountname in that place.]

I hope this helped. Someone else might know a quick way of clearing the Quickfind window that doesn't require deleting that file.

I normally just turn off folder monitoring before I start using a new Creator, so I haven't had to do it before today.

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon

i appreciate everyones take on this. it has been frustrating. because i downloaded creator 2011 from the online store i dont have a physical manual to read, so i looked it up and it gave me an idea sort of like what you have said about the media manager. i didnt know it was even there since i havent explored all of the programs functions. anyways i opened up the media manager, and on the left hand side are some folders, and one of them is title "all music". inside that i clicked on "album" and what do ya know there was the entire list of songs that were added, and from there i was able to delete them and come up with the blank screen that i have been dying to see :) i knew there had to be a way to do it. i am now very relieved and happy to be able to accomplish what i want to with this program, now i just have to learn everything else it can do haha.

and for the create music disc projects i have not tried that at all as i thought to make an mp3 cd you had to click on that tab. how does that one work in comparison to the burn mp3 cd tab?

and as far as the cd thing goes, i honestly was not aware that you can use dvd's as mp3 cd's and hold so many songs, that makes me even more thrilled to be able to store even more songs so thanks for that tid bit of info. i am a vinyl/digital dj, the only cd's i have ever messed with were regular burnt audio cd's or manufactured ones. i wish i would have learned sooner about mp3 cd's. on that note, as far as the dvd's go, are there a certain kind that i need or will any blank dvd do? thanks again for everyones time on this matter, someday i hope to grow a brain and get some program knowledge in me. thanks again!

The Music Disc Creator is a bit more complex than Burn MP3 CDs. It will let you burn Audio CDs, MP3/WMA discs, and DVD Music Discs.

Something which isn't obvious is that a 'DVD Music' disc isn't like a CD Audio disc, so you can't just copy the tracks from 6 audio CDs onto it. It's more like a DVD video disc that has menus and displays a still photo on the screen while you listen to the music.

Anyway, try out the Music Disc Creator and see what you think.