Can't Play Blu-Ray Disk

jazurell

Question

Folks,

Have win7 pro, 64bit, PhenonII X4 965 Processor 3.52GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5700series Video, 750 Gig HD with only 114 used. SyncMaster 940BX with a 3'HDMI cable. When I try to play a Blu-ray disk I receive the following message, "Playback of this copy protected disk requires a digital monitor with HDCP protection." Roxio 2011 with Blu-ray plugin.

All software and drivers are the most recent available. Had anybody had this problem? Any suggestion as what to do to fix it?

Thanks,

Jon

3 answers to this question

Folks,

Have win7 pro, 64bit, PhenonII X4 965 Processor 3.52GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5700series Video, 750 Gig HD with only 114 used. SyncMaster 940BX with a 3'HDMI cable. When I try to play a Blu-ray disk I receive the following message, "Playback of this copy protected disk requires a digital monitor with HDCP protection." Roxio 2011 with Blu-ray plugin.

All software and drivers are the most recent available. Had anybody had this problem? Any suggestion as what to do to fix it?

Thanks,

Jon

HDCP is a video standard to prevent copying of digital content. Read this for example.

In short, one of your devices (monitor) is not compliant throught the HDMI connection. Have you tried a different type of connection (VGA) from your computer to your monitor? You may want to contact Samsung. After looking, there are drivers available for that monitor; have you updated the driver?

Edited by sknis

Folks,

Thanks,

Jon

HDMI and DVI will get you that warning because the monitor is not HDCP compliant.

HDCP components talk to and identify HDCP components, units that won't talk back non HDCP components and you get that message. It's part of the analog hole.

Buy a HDCP compliant monitor or use a VGA connector and you should be good to go...

There are other ways around it but I can't talk about that here...

post-97-062487300 1307717836.jpg

Edited by cdanteek