• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Subtitles Or Menus

Michael Graubart

Question

I use Toast 9.0.7 on an eMac (G4, PPC) with OSX 10.4.11.

I have on my hard disk the complete files of a video DVD. If I play it from the hard disk, all titles and menus, and, especially, subtitles appear. But I burnt it to a DVD-R disc, using Toast, set to 'video DVD', and when I played the resulting DVD, there were no subtitles, no menus and some of the main title sequences were missing. What was I doing wrong, and what can I do about it? I should be most grateful for any help.

3 answers to this question

When you choose the DVD video setting in Toast you are having Toast author a new DVD with a Toast menu rather than the original. What you want to do is either choose the VIDEO_TS folder setting in the Toast Video window and add the VIDEO_TS folder from your hard drive, or choose DVD-Rom (UDF) in the Toast Data window and add the VIDEO_TS folder. Either way Toast will make a copy of the version you already have rather than create a new version.

When you choose the DVD video setting in Toast you are having Toast author a new DVD with a Toast menu rather than the original. What you want to do is either choose the VIDEO_TS folder setting in the Toast Video window and add the VIDEO_TS folder from your hard drive, or choose DVD-Rom (UDF) in the Toast Data window and add the VIDEO_TS folder. Either way Toast will make a copy of the version you already have rather than create a new version.

Thanks very much, Tsantee. I shall now try one of those procedures and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, I shall come back to the issue here; but I hope I shan't have to. Thanks again.

It worked perfectly. Thank you once more. Actually, once you had put me on the right track, I had another look at the Toast Users' Manual and realized that I had previously misread it. Had I read it more carefully, I would not have wasted your time and my time. But the main thing is that I now have a perfect DVD and I shall know what to do next time.