• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capturing Internet Audio

ToddElving

Question

I purchased this item yesterday and wanted to be able to capture live audio with it.

While playing audio on the internet, I try finding a source where it will record but nothing has sound going through it.

I look at my soundcard and it working fine.

I do notice that when i go to source to locate where it is is comming through that it check that same source on my soundcard device, which i think mutes it

6 answers to this question

I purchased this item yesterday and wanted to be able to capture live audio with it.

While playing audio on the internet, I try finding a source where it will record but nothing has sound going through it.

I look at my soundcard and it working fine.

I do notice that when i go to source to locate where it is is comming through that it check that same source on my soundcard device, which i think mutes it

If you are not hearing it, it could be one of two reasons. You may not have a real sound card but only an audio chip. Many of these will NOT play the music as it is captured. The second possibility is that the capture and playback devices in Windows is not set correctly.

What audio device do you have and have you updated the drivers for it? What particular application within the suite are you using? What are your default recording and play back devices?

What Operating system are you using. That will help us suggest Windows Settings.

If you have Roxio Creator 2011 and a speaker system where there is an out port (say for ear phones), take an ordinary small audio cable and plug it into the speaker out jack and the other end into your sound card Line In port (assuming you have a sound card that has a "Line In" port. ).

Open C2011 and click on the "Music/Audio" catergory and then click on "Capture Audio from Sound Card. (see attached)

When you play the audio from the internet and normally hear it on yoru speakers, you will now be capturing it from the speakers throgh your sound card and it will be

saved on your computer.

Frank...

It is a legacy souncard operating on windows XP

The souncard is up to date as i recently purchased it.

Still have not been able to figure out why it is not capturing any audio. You can hear thea audio clearly but the levers do not move in the capture field.

The other isue I am having is Roxio streaming to my Samsung Blue Ray DVD player. It only streams mp3 format

If you have Roxio Creator 2011 and a speaker system where there is an out port (say for ear phones), take an ordinary small audio cable and plug it into the speaker out jack and the other end into your sound card Line In port (assuming you have a sound card that has a "Line In" port. ).

Open C2011 and click on the "Music/Audio" catergory and then click on "Capture Audio from Sound Card. (see attached)

When you play the audio from the internet and normally hear it on yoru speakers, you will now be capturing it from the speakers throgh your sound card and it will be

saved on your computer.

Frank...

Thanks frank,

I have a new Legacy soundcard that i installed a couple of months ago. Have you hear any problems regarding that soundcard and if you have which one would you recommend for Windows XP.

I do also have an issue with my Roxio streamer It will only stream MP3 format is that mormal? and is there any way to stream my i tunes ibrary without having to copy my entire libray from my external harddrive to my C drive?

If you are not hearing it, it could be one of two reasons. You may not have a real sound card but only an audio chip. Many of these will NOT play the music as it is captured. The second possibility is that the capture and playback devices in Windows is not set correctly.

What audio device do you have and have you updated the drivers for it? What particular application within the suite are you using? What are your default recording and play back devices?

What Operating system are you using. That will help us suggest Windows Settings.

I have a new Legacy soundcard that i installed about a month ago and i have checked the internet and can find no updates for it.

I operate on Windows XP I am using the capture audio application.

I have a new Legacy soundcard that i installed about a month ago and i have checked the internet and can find no updates for it.

I operate on Windows XP I am using the capture audio application.

What sound card? Legacy doesn't tell us anything. Is it 24 bit only?