• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ridgerunner51

Chapter Names

Question

I am sorry. I meant to put this in the usability disscusion group. Can someone move this?

ridgerunner

I have been looking around in the discussions and I cannot determine, for certain, the answer to a question I have. Does MyDVD or VideoWave or any other piece of Roxio Creator 2011 have the option of creating chapter names or descriptions? I am converting VHS tapes to DVD and it is important to be able see and choose a chapter by description, or name, on the final DVD.

Thanks,

ridgerunner

Edited by ridgerunner51

6 answers to this question

I am sorry. I meant to put this in the usability disscusion group. Can someone move this?

ridgerunner

I have been looking around in the discussions and I cannot determine, for certain, the answer to a question I have. Does MyDVD or VideoWave or any other piece of Roxio Creator 2011 have the option of creating chapter names or descriptions? I am converting VHS tapes to DVD and it is important to be able see and choose a chapter by description, or name, on the final DVD.

Thanks,

ridgerunner

Chapters can only be created in myDVD. After you have created the chapters, you simply select the existing chapter name and edit it. It works exactly the same way as editing Title names/text

Chapters can only be created in myDVD. After you have created the chapters, you simply select the existing chapter name and edit it. It works exactly the same way as editing Title names/text

Thank you. I will try this. I am used to naming chapters as they are created.

ridgerunner

Thank you. I will try this. I am used to naming chapters as they are created.

ridgerunner

I opened myDVD and looked at edit chapters and all I see are chapters with time designations. I do not see a way to add a name.

Can you advise what option or menu choice I need to choose?

I opened myDVD and looked at edit chapters and all I see are chapters with time designations. I do not see a way to add a name.

Can you advise what option or menu choice I need to choose?

Launch myDVD

Add a movie. It will become a Title on the main menu page. Click the Title text to edit it.

Right-click the Title on the menu page to select Edit Chapters from the drop-down menu. The Edit Chapters window opens.

Set up your chapter points. Make sure the Generate chapter menus ... checkbox is selected then hit Ok

The Chapter menu pages are then created.

Click on a Chapter menu in the Project view panel to see the chapters. Each chapter is identified by a number which you can edit

Edited by myguggi

Thank you so much for this information. I will be away from the PC containing Roxio for a day or so. I cannot wait to try this.

ridgerunner51

Launch myDVD

Add a movie. It will become a Title on the main menu page. Click the Title text to edit it.

Right-click the Title on the menu page to select Edit Chapters from the drop-down menu. The Edit Chapters window opens.

Set up your chapter points. Make sure the Generate chapter menus ... checkbox is selected then hit Ok

The Chapter menu pages are then created.

Click on a Chapter menu in the Project view panel to see the chapters. Each chapter is identified by a number which you can edit

I may have not executed my reply properly by trying to edit my last post. I see how this works now. Thank you so much!! I am sorry if I have overlooked these instructions in a manual.

ridgerunner