Hear Audio But No Video Present

Huessu

Question

I use a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a Pentium ® Dual Core CPU 2.00 GHz and 2.0 GB of RAM.

I loaded Roxio Creator 2011 without too much trouble (took two tries). When I tried to create a DVD I created chapters and I could see all of the video. Yet, after I burned a DVD, I could hear the video, I could see several pictures that I had added to the DVD, but I couldn't see any video at all. Not sure how to correct or fix this issue.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I use a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a Pentium ® Dual Core CPU 2.00 GHz and 2.0 GB of RAM.

I loaded Roxio Creator 2011 without too much trouble (took two tries). When I tried to create a DVD I created chapters and I could see all of the video. Yet, after I burned a DVD, I could hear the video, I could see several pictures that I had added to the DVD, but I couldn't see any video at all. Not sure how to correct or fix this issue.

Thanks

Not much information to work with. You will have to be a bit more descriptive on what you are doing. "tried to create a DVD I created chapters and I could see all of the video" really does not tell us anything.

What program from C2011 are your using? You should be starting with Videowave (Edit Video-advanced) to create/assemble your video project and save it to a project file. You then launch myDVD, decide whether you want a menu or not, add the VW project as a movie, create a menu and then burn to DVD.

Where did the video files come from? In what format are they? Did you check your project in the myDVD preview?

I Started with Videowave (Edit Video-advanced) to create my video project and I saved it to a project file. I launched myDVD, I added the VW project as a movie, created a menu and then burned it to DVD. I previewed the project and I could see all of the videos as they played, there were no problems previewing the project. But after burning the DVD I could see the still photos and I could hear the audio tracks to the video, but there was no video present.

The video files came from a smart phone. The files are all AVI Audio Video Files and the vary in length.

I hope that this information will help.

Edited by Huessu

I Started with Videowave (Edit Video-advanced) to create my video project and I saved it to a project file. I launched myDVD, I added the VW project as a movie, created a menu and then burned it to DVD. I previewed the project and I could see all of the videos as they played, there were no problems previewing the project. But after burning the DVD I could see the still photos and I could hear the audio tracks to the video, but there was no video present.

The video files came from a smart phone. The files are all AVI Audio Video Files and the vary in length.

I hope that this information will help.

The easiest thing to try is to load the project, select output, then export and then export the file to mpg2 for DVD, best quality. If there is a problem with the videos, it will show up there.

If you get the mpg2 file, use that in MyDVD and instead of burning directly to disc, when you go to burn, select to burn (encode) to an ISO file. That separates the encoding from the burning. When it finishes, You can use Roxio to mount a virtual drive and play that ISO OR you can use the free VLC to preview the ISO.

We'll need a lot more information on your computer if that doesn't work. Usually you see the video and audio but some of the images may not show.

What format are the original files?

Edited by sknis