Trimming Video In Creator 2011

LindaT

Question

I have started a new video/slide show in the advanced area. I have worked with this program and created this type of show previously. However, this time around I am unable to play the video in order to trim the beginning and end. I AM ABLE to play the video inserted when not in the trimming box. Any idea what the problem might be? I did receive one message that the drive had stopped working, but had recovered, but that was only once. :blink:

5 answers to this question

I have started a new video/slide show in the advanced area. I have worked with this program and created this type of show previously. However, this time around I am unable to play the video in order to trim the beginning and end. I AM ABLE to play the video inserted when not in the trimming box. Any idea what the problem might be? I did receive one message that the drive had stopped working, but had recovered, but that was only once. :blink:

This has shown up recently with a couple of posts. It may have something to do with a Windows Update. Instead of trimming why don't you use the split and delete method? The only thing that trimming gets you is the ability to cut off just a couple of frames.

I don't have that preview window either.

This has shown up recently with a couple of posts. It may have something to do with a Windows Update. Instead of trimming why don't you use the split and delete method? The only thing that trimming gets you is the ability to cut off just a couple of frames.

I don't have that preview window either.

I thank you very much for your assistance. I will be using this technique to compile my photo/video show of the recital I have filmed/photographed. It will be a valuable tool, I am sure. I am not that advanced a user as obviously you are, but this is a wonderful alternative and probably better once I am accustomed to working with it. I have contacted Roxio for assistance and they have suggested the same. I had my computer checked by Dell (as the computer is still in the warantee period) and also Dell's Solution Station people and they all feel it is a Roxio program problem. I would imagine that it did happen with a Windows update,as you say, and most probably Roxio Creator needs to make a patch for this problem. So, until then, I will be using your method.

Thanks again so very much for answering back to me.

Linda T.

Were it really a Roxio problem, everyone would have it...

Very, very few do and those that UPDATE their video drivers usually don't ;)

Jim I am Linda's husband and she is doing a new project using your video you posted. She was one the phone Tuesday with Dell for over 6 hours trying to rectify the issue. They uninstalled the program cleaned the registry downloaded the latest drivers and still no help. Dell was going to contact Roxio. What we are thinking is it may have something to do with Internet Explorer 9 which my wife installed on her PC a few weeks ago. Prior to that with IE 8 it worked fine. Right now with your video she does have a work around.

You are probably referring to Steve's video, on split & delete?

I have been using IE 9 since it became available March 15th... It poses no problems and we have asked Roxio about it, TWICE.

If I spin around in my chair, I have 4 Dell's running in this room (another in the basement). 3 use IE 9 none have any problem with trim...

Manufacture Customer Service is notorious for blaming all woes on somebody else... Actually the hair goes up on the back of my neck whenever I hear a tech try to worm out with that tired old excuse :lol:

Here is Trim & IE9:

post-39730-004781700 1308251323.jpg

Just make absolutely sure you are not running the actual 5/15/11 version and not one of the beta's or release candidates :o

Otherwise, video card updates:

AMD

NVIDIA

Edited by Jim_Hardin